The Student Room Group

Urban Planning Applicants 2021

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
Hey! Nice to see a thread with ppl who want to study Urban Planning like myself 😃! I’ve applied to UCL, Sheffield, Manchester, Cardiff & Oxford Brookes. I sent my UCAS off last week. So far only Manchester has given me a conditional offer, no interview... Oxford Brookes, with considerably lower grade requirements has given me an interview for the 18th. Bit baffled as to why they would need to do interviews. (I’m probably going to make it my insurance in case A-levels flop)
Anyone else apply to these Uni’s? What should I make my firm choice if UCL rejects me?
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 41
Original post by aj244
Woww I’ve never heard of or met anyone doing Urban planning lol😂 I’m on BBB I’ve applied to UCL manny and Sheffield which are ABB then Liverpool and Newcastle for BBB. What’s my chances for manny/ucl - has anyone got an offer From these two?
Feel free to hmu on ig @ayrtonjoshi
safeee

I'm predicted BBB in geography maths and physics. I’ve received a offer from Manchester, first uni out of five to give me an offer
Original post by RM36
Hey! Nice to see a thread with ppl who want to study Urban Planning like myself 😃! I’ve applied to UCL, Sheffield, Manchester, Cardiff & Oxford Brookes. I sent my UCAS off last week. So far only Manchester has given me a conditional offer, no interview... Oxford Brookes, with considerably lower grade requirements has given me an interview for the 18th. Bit baffled as to why they would need to do interviews. (I’m probably going to make it my insurance in case A-levels flop)
Anyone else apply to these Uni’s? What should I make my firm choice if UCL rejects me?

Sheffield or Manchester, which one are you leaning towards?
Original post by RM36
I'm predicted BBB in geography maths and physics. I’ve received a offer from Manchester, first uni out of five to give me an offer

What did Manchester offer you?
I got ABB from Loughborough :smile:
Hi everyone,

I just want to reassure you all not to worry if you've not received an offer back yet - different departments have their own admissions process and policies, so you may not hear back at the same time as TSR users applying to other departments. Keep in mind as well that applications are open for equal consideration until the 15th of January, so you may not hear back from some departments until the New Year.

I know it can be nerve wracking waiting for an offer to come through, but try not to overthink it too much - we will get back to you once a decision has been made!

In the meantime, if you have any questions about what it's like studying at Sheffield, or at university in general, do let me know! Myself and my colleagues who run the alumni account with me are all recent graduates from the University.

- Danielle
Sheffield graduate
BA English and History
MA Historical Research
Reply 46
Original post by pickledpotato
Sheffield or Manchester, which one are you leaning towards?

UCL is my first choice. I’m so stuck in choosing between Manchester and Sheffield. I know Sheffield ranks higher in the subject, but I’m afraid that I might not enjoy the experience as much as Manchester. I’m from London btw and Manchester has more of a city feel. Any advice between Manchester and Sheffield?
Original post by RM36
UCL is my first choice. I’m so stuck in choosing between Manchester and Sheffield. I know Sheffield ranks higher in the subject, but I’m afraid that I might not enjoy the experience as much as Manchester. I’m from London btw and Manchester has more of a city feel. Any advice between Manchester and Sheffield?

I live in Manchester actually haha. It's more compact than London but that's a good thing as you can get to everything quickly and easily especially with the tram network. It has loads of shops and food markets, both indoor and outdoor so if you're into that stuff it will be good. Northern Quarter: quirky clothes shops and cafes. Deansgate and Spinningfields: More high end, posh modern restaurants, bars and apartments. Piccadilly Gardens is not my favourite I must admit. It's stinks of pee from the many homeless people around and weed from the chavs that hang around McDonalds. There's also loads of pigeon poo everywhere and DO NOT sit on the benches! There's always something dodgy on them.

I didn't apply for Manchester because although it's a decent city, I've explored it so much that I'm a bit bored and so I'd choose a quieter place like Sheffield to be somewhere new. Sheffield may be smaller but I've heard it's a great student city :smile: And like you said, Sheffield ranks higher in planning.

If you like London vibes I'd say go Manchester but if you don't mind then go Sheffield. It would be easier for to get from London to Manchester as it's a more direct route compared to London to Sheffield. Also, I don't think Manchester Uni are giving themselves a good name in the news at the moment haha.
Hey guys, I haven't seen a thread for urban planning so I thought I'd start one!

University choices:
What subject(s) are currently studying?:
Predicted grades:
GCSE grades:
Hobbies/Interests:
Why Urban Planning?:

Feel free to ask any questions and also let us know about any offers received :smile:

Hi! Surprisingly UB isn't very common so it's nice to see this thread haha

University choices: UCL
What subject(s) are currently studying?: Economics, Sociology, Business and AES (I did an international foundation instead of Yr 13)
Predicted grades: 60% overall
Achieved grades: 76% Overall

I received an offer last week so it would be nice to know who else will be on the course!
Original post by Alex0507

What subject(s) are currently studying?: Economics, Sociology, Business and AES (I did an international foundation instead of Yr 13)

I received an offer last week so it would be nice to know who else will be on the course!

Well done on the offer! Do you know what 76% is equivalent to in A level grades?

Did you apply to any other universities for UB?
Well done on the offer! Do you know what 76% is equivalent to in A level grades?

Did you apply to any other universities for UB?

Hey :smile: Thanks!
76% is equivalent to AAA

I applied for the two UB planning courses at UCL and one at Loughborough. I've always been pretty set on going to UCL and since I already meet all the requirements of my offer I firmed the "UB, Design and Management" course without really waiting for the rest of the offers on UCAS
Hey :smile: Thanks!
76% is equivalent to AAA

I applied for the two UB planning courses at UCL and one at Loughborough. I've always been pretty set on going to UCL and since I already meet all the requirements of my offer I firmed the "UB, Design and Management" course without really waiting for the rest of the offers on UCAS

Ah right, nice! Is Loughborough your insurance then and have you got an offer from them?

Also what country are you from :smile:
I didn’t get an offer from Loughborough because my previous qualifications were French (brevet des collèges and not GCSEs) I was going to send them an email about it but in the meantime received the offer from UCL so I didn’t bother 😅

I’m from Mauritius (usually travel between there and London) :smile: wby ?
Reply 53

Well done you’re the first person I’ve seen who’s got an offer from the Bartlett! Congrats. Sooo nervous waiting for mine now
Reply 54

Congratulations on getting your offer!
I recieved an email from Bartlett and they said they don't give offers until the UCAS deadline, to give everyone a fair chance?
Original post by Soraya Omotosho
Well done you’re the first person I’ve seen who’s got an offer from the Bartlett! Congrats. Sooo nervous waiting for mine now

Thank you! I saw that 2 other people have received an offer for UB and Real Estate but no one else for the other course yet :/
Good luck on your application! I’m sure everything will go well :smile:
Original post by RM36
Congratulations on getting your offer!
I recieved an email from Bartlett and they said they don't give offers until the UCAS deadline, to give everyone a fair chance?

Thanks :smile: yeah! I received an email explaining that they receive a lot of applications and that it’ll take some time etc etc. Tbh I was v shocked when I got the UCAS update
Reply 57
Hopefully this means the Bartlett is starting to consider UB applications :smile: we should all hear back soon hopefullyyy ( @ those who applied to UCL)
Just got an offer from Sheffield! ABB! :smile:
O

I didn’t get an offer from Loughborough because my previous qualifications were French (brevet des collèges and not GCSEs) I was going to send them an email about it but in the meantime received the offer from UCL so I didn’t bother 😅

I’m from Mauritius (usually travel between there and London) :smile: wby ?

ooo that sounds like a really nice place to live, I live in Manchester if you know where that is haha. Also have you already achieved your grades or are they predicted?

Quick Reply

Latest