The Student Room Group

Dropping out of uni advice?

I’m studying business at the moment however I’ve missed 7 weeks due to timetable issues etc and I’m far behind work and teachers are not helping me?
I’ve made a decision to drop out and do a apprenticeship, however I’m not sure where to start in terms of finding a apprenticeship and if it would be a waste of time.

I’m in a very bad situation right now so I could appreciate it if anyone could help me out!

Thanks
dropping out to embark on a plan you've not yet even begun researching is a very poor idea

at the very least, 7 weeks is not an entire year's work and you can still pass the first year with a good grade if you start trying. im assuming your in your first year, if that's the case you probably don't even need anything more than a pass to progress to the second year and your first year probably doesn't count towards your final grade
Have you tried contacting your head of faculty or Academic Dean regarding the issues you are facing with your teachers?

It can certainly be stressful when you fall behind and can affect your mental health, our advice would be to speak with your wellbeing team and utilise all the support you have at university before making any rash decisions. Your university is there to help you and can work with you to figure out a work schedule to help you get back on track.

Regarding your idea of doing an apprenticeship, this can certainly be a great career path however it is useful to know more about the process and what kind of apprenticeship you want to do before rushing into anything. Have a look online for apprenticeship fairs where you can expand your knowledge and find out more about possible opportunities. A quick google will be able to supply you with all the upcoming dates, The National Apprenticeship Show has one coming up in December for example.

Good luck with everything :smile:

Quick Reply

Latest