The Student Room Group

Does this affect my chance to get a firsts

So....
One of my modules there are three assessments.
Assessment one: 20%
Assessment two: 60% plus a 40% test
Assessment three: 20%
And for assessment one I got 48%

I yet have to do the other two modules, but does this 48% on one assessment for one module out of 6 modules effect my chance to get to 1st class degree. I'm very worried 😔😔
Original post by Anonymous
So....
One of my modules there are three assessments.
Assessment one: 20%
Assessment two: 60% plus a 40% test
Assessment three: 20%
And for assessment one I got 48%

I yet have to do the other two modules, but does this 48% on one assessment for one module out of 6 modules effect my chance to get to 1st class degree. I'm very worried 😔😔

First of all, does your first year (which I presume you're in) count towards your final degree classification? This isn't always the case.
Reply 2
Original post by PhoenixFortune
First of all, does your first year (which I presume you're in) count towards your final degree classification? This isn't always the case.

I'm in my second year which counts towards my degree
I'm in my second year which counts towards my degree

Was there a reason for your low first mark? If you can identify the issues you had, you can work to address them for the next assessments.
Reply 4
Original post by PhoenixFortune
Was there a reason for your low first mark? If you can identify the issues you had, you can work to address them for the next assessments.

Yes some maths questions with a big percentage
Yes some maths questions with a big percentage

Seek help with your maths skills then, and hopefully you'll do better in the following assessments. University is about being proactive with seeking help and finding answers, so that's what you can do.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending