The Student Room Group

Transferring from bio med to dentistry

Which unis allow this? how can i find out which ones allow this?

I heard you can transfer if you get 2:1 in bio med after the first year, but this is extremely competitive. Say i do manage to get a good result in the first year of bio med. Do you think transferring is a viable option for me? I just cannot afford to waste 3 years, just so i can do a 5 yr degree course.
ecolier is spot on, you’d be better off taking a gap year and reapplying.
If you want to know which dental schools accept transfers, you should have a look at the websites for all the dental schools - if it’s not explicitly stated on their page, they may have a small document about their admissions process linked somewhere on the page which may have the information you need. If that is unsuccessful, contact the universities via phone/ email/ social media, but do this before you accept a biomed place so that you don’t put yourself in a hopeless position.

Barts for example do not accept transfers at all. Another dental school accept transfers but from their DHT cohort only and only those with a 1st in first year (I’ve forgotten which dental school that is at the top of my head).

Quick Reply

Latest