The Student Room Group

Pharmacy applicants University of Bath 2021

Hi guys!
Havent seen a thread for pharmacy at Bath yet, so I thought I would make one

Feel free to share any questions, advice or tips :smile:
here are some questions you can answer to keep the thread going...
1. What grades did you get at GCSE?
2. What work experience/ volunteering/ extra curricular activities have
you done?
3. What other universities are you thinking of applying to?
4. How do you think coronavirus is going to affect the 2020-2021 year 13 cohort in terms of our UCAS applications?
5. Why do you want to apply for pharmacy?
6. Why Bath in particular?

Dont feel you have to stick to these questions, ask away!
Hope the application process is going well for everyone

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Hey
Reply 2
Hi (:
Reply 3
Original post by c.hllz
Hi (:

Did you also apply to UCL? :smile:
Reply 4
Original post by Axshhh
Did you also apply to UCL? :smile:

Yeahhhh i did
Original post by c.hllz
Yeahhhh i did

Hi, me three!
Applied to UCL and Bath as well, the only unis I have not heard from yet. Did anyone hear from Bath? :smile:
Original post by Carlottacecc
Hi, me three!
Applied to UCL and Bath as well, the only unis I have not heard from yet. Did anyone hear from Bath? :smile:

My interview is tomorrow! eeek.
I didn't apply to UCL but really want to go to bath, fingers crossed🤞🤞
Reply 7
Original post by Aishajb05
My interview is tomorrow! eeek.
I didn't apply to UCL but really want to go to bath, fingers crossed🤞🤞

Good luck! I had my interview for Bath on Friday and received an offer yesterday!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
Original post by Carlottacecc
Hi, me three!

I had my interview for Bath last Monday and got an offer 4 days after x
So happy for you guys! I haven't got my interview date from Bath yet and am slowly getting more and more worried- they are offering me one as I'm sure you got the email too saying they would contact at some point! Hopefully will get one soon... How did the interviews go? Were they hard or is there anything vaguely I should 'prep' for?
Original post by 3llaoleary
So happy for you guys! I haven't got my interview date from Bath yet and am slowly getting more and more worried- they are offering me one as I'm sure you got the email too saying they would contact at some point! Hopefully will get one soon... How did the interviews go? Were they hard or is there anything vaguely I should 'prep' for?

It was pretty chilled - just know what to say about why you want to do pharmacy and your work experience. There is a simple scenario and maths question too.
(edited 3 years ago)
Hey! :smile: I have my interview on Tuesday and was just wondering what sort of scenario it was and what kinda maths question please?
Original post by 3llaoleary

Hi! The same thing happened to me too so i emailed admissions and they said your interviewer has you details and will arrange a time within the next two weeks - i had a time a couple days after that, so that might be worth doing?
Original post by charlotte5508
Hi! The same thing happened to me too so i emailed admissions and they said your interviewer has you details and will arrange a time within the next two weeks - i had a time a couple days after that, so that might be worth doing?

OK! I'll hang tight for the next two weeks then lol
Original post by charlotte5508
Hey! :smile: I have my interview on Tuesday and was just wondering what sort of scenario it was and what kinda maths question please?

The scenario is pretty easy - they just want you to say something about NHS values eg. patient confidentiality. They even gave a list of NHS values that you could include. The maths question is a simple multiplication but in terms of number of doses of a medication. :smile:
Original post by Simran22
The scenario is pretty easy - they just want you to say something about NHS values eg. patient confidentiality. They even gave a list of NHS values that you could include. The maths question is a simple multiplication but in terms of number of doses of a medication. :smile:

Amazing. Thank you!
Reply 16
What questions did you get in the interview and which ones did you struggle with?
Original post by ryxnbh
What questions did you get in the interview and which ones did you struggle with?

They asked why pharmacy and about work experience, and a scenario and maths question. I found it quite easy and it was really quick, like 15 minutes. Also they are being quite lenient about work experience because of lockdown. It's just a little chat, don't worry about it too much :smile:
Reply 18
Original post by Simran22
They asked why pharmacy and about work experience, and a scenario and maths question. I found it quite easy and it was really quick, like 15 minutes. Also they are being quite lenient about work experience because of lockdown. It's just a little chat, don't worry about it too much :smile:

Ahh thanks very much. Was the maths question hard at all? And also what example of scenario questions did they ask?
Hi! I'm looking to apply for pharmacy for 2022, and have been looking at bath university. What work experience would you recommend and what prep can I do now? And what reasons could you give as to why pharmacy?

Latest

Trending

Trending