The Student Room Group
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry

University of Warwick

Hi!

I'm looking to apply to Warwick for Biochemistry. Can any biochemistry students tell me about the teaching and how they find the course?

Also for all students, how's the accomodation? And do you have everything you need within the Campus?
Original post by ApplePiePanda
Hi!

I'm looking to apply to Warwick for Biochemistry. Can any biochemistry students tell me about the teaching and how they find the course?

Also for all students, how's the accomodation? And do you have everything you need within the Campus?

Hi I’m studying biomedical science, but all three life science streams have the same core lectures and are placed in the same tutorials. The only difference is the chem modules u do with the chemistry department.

Obviously cause of covid its a bit different so all the lectures r online but the tutorials and labs are face to face. But its still really good regardless!

As for accommodation, yeh everything’s really close off campus the tesco and aldi are like 10 mins from central campus. When you apply for accommodation in may u get 6 choices with 3 ensuite max. Do u have any questions about specific accoms or other stuff in general?

Hope that helps!!!
Students on campus at the University of Warwick
University of Warwick
Coventry
Original post by Chadders1300
Hi I’m studying biomedical science, but all three life science streams have the same core lectures and are placed in the same tutorials. The only difference is the chem modules u do with the chemistry department.

Obviously cause of covid its a bit different so all the lectures r online but the tutorials and labs are face to face. But its still really good regardless!

As for accommodation, yeh everything’s really close off campus the tesco and aldi are like 10 mins from central campus. When you apply for accommodation in may u get 6 choices with 3 ensuite max. Do u have any questions about specific accoms or other stuff in general?

Hope that helps!!!

Actually, I was also looking into biomed science. How's your experience of the course?

First year accommodation is in halls right? Do you know if the villages are far from campus? And by 10 mins, do you mean walking or by a different form of transport? Do you find there's a lot to do in Warwick outside of studies? And do you find the city to have some variety of stores and such too? Also how are the student events and any university events?

And thanks for the first reply!
Original post by ApplePiePanda
Actually, I was also looking into biomed science. How's your experience of the course?

First year accommodation is in halls right? Do you know if the villages are far from campus? And by 10 mins, do you mean walking or by a different form of transport? Do you find there's a lot to do in Warwick outside of studies? And do you find the city to have some variety of stores and such too? Also how are the student events and any university events?

And thanks for the first reply!

I don’t really leave campus unless its for socials (curry night for swimming). Cause theres restaurants and stuff on campus. The supermarkets are walking distance and there next to canon shopping park so theres a few shops there.

The biomed course is good, first year is worth 10% and the first test that counts is 6th November so u have to be really on it. But the tutorials are great and i’m yet to have my first lab. Biomed gets 2 optional modules unlike bioscience and biochem so i thought that was great (no plants :smile:

The accommodations are in halls and there are a range of prices. On main campus (piazza, su) theres 4 halls then theres 2 near sports and 1 like 30 mins walk from main campus (westwood). Theres like stereotype views of each halls like rootes is party hub, bluebell is for internationals with not much socials. But also price ranges from £77-190

Theres over like 300 societies and sports societies to join so theres loads to do, for biomed u have about 12-16hrs per week so mostly free in the evenings. The uni has some halloween and other events like film society has films everyday and football/university challenge etc on big screen in piazza. I tend to spend my evenings with my flat tho possibly because of covid so possibly ure year might have some more stuff going on.

Hope that’s helpful!!

Quick Reply

Latest