The Student Room Group

Grade inflate toon in august so will Autumn grade boundaries be lowered

Will it???? To make the results fair

Scroll to see replies

I don't see how lowering grade boundaries would make it more fair? Do you mean will each student get a proportionally higher grade or something?
Um because like you know how august grades aka teacher grades or CAG were mostly inflated and generous like thag
Also considering we missed a lot of school and didn’t have anyone to help us revise for these exams I heard it will be lowered to make it fair
If you’d done Independant learning like a real student would, then it shouldn’t matter
Wdym
Well teachers shouldn’t have to hand hold students through exams. It’s their life and their grades so no matter the situation they should be ahead because of lockdown not behind. GCSEs are the easiest this year than previous years as you had months uninterrupted to study and use the myriad of online resources and books that a level and especially degree students don’t have
How did we have months to prepare if we didn’t ****in know if we were gonna get crap grades?
Don’t start chatting rubbish now because I’m genuinely asking
No, you won't be given higher grades for no reason, you'll be treated like every other exam cohort.
I read multiple articles about it though?
Original post by gcse20212004
How did we have months to prepare if we didn’t ****in know if we were gonna get crap grades?

What? This makes no sense. Your exams weren’t cancelled therefore you should act like they are happening so you’ll only get a bad grade if YOU don’t put the effort in.
I’m saying that we DIDNT KNOW OUR CENTRE ASSESED GRADES WERE GOING TO BE BAD! SO HOW DID WE HAVE MONTHS TO PREPARE FOR EXAMS THAT WE DIDNT KNOW WE WERE GOING TO TAKE? Your just close minded
I read multiple articles about it though?

Saying that it would happen or that it might?
This is already accounted for when grade boundaries are set. It's impossible to measure how each person was impacted by covid unfortunately. (you can give x near misses the grade above, but what about those who fell a few marks short of that? It just keeps on going like that) Short of giving everyone the top grade, there's no way to mitigate that'll help everyone.

I've seen stuff about generosity but no indication that they'll just copypaste the distribution. (?) Just that they'll focus on qualitative analysis especially this year.
That it is happening
I’m saying that we DIDNT KNOW OUR CENTRE ASSESED GRADES WERE GOING TO BE BAD! SO HOW DID WE HAVE MONTHS TO PREPARE FOR EXAMS THAT WE DIDNT KNOW WE WERE GOING TO TAKE? Your just close minded

If you’re doing your exams this year you won’t have centre assessed grades. You make NO sense
Then please can you rephrase it so I can understand
I am RESITTING MY YEAR 10 GCSES I WAS MEANT TO TAKE early. Does that make MORE SENSE. I WAS GIVEN CENTRE assesed grades due to my EXAMS BEING CANCELLED. HOWEVER I received 3 grades lower than EXPECTED. THEREFORE I voluntarily made the decision to RESIT my EXAMS TO IMPROVE MY GRADE as I could NOT appeal against my CAG so the only option was to RESIT
I clearly said AUTUMN grades referring to autumn resits so idk where you got ‘your doing exams this year you won’t get CAG’

Quick Reply