The Student Room Group

Grade inflate toon in august so will Autumn grade boundaries be lowered

Scroll to see replies

And yes I am year 11 going to do 2021 GCSES but my school take some options early in year 10 so we won’t have as much exams in year 11 I’m doing 12 in total.
Original post by gcse20212004
I am RESITTING MY YEAR 10 GCSES I WAS MEANT TO TAKE early. Does that make MORE SENSE. I WAS GIVEN CENTRE assesed grades due to my EXAMS BEING CANCELLED. HOWEVER I received 3 grades lower than EXPECTED. THEREFORE I voluntarily made the decision to RESIT my EXAMS TO IMPROVE MY GRADE as I could NOT appeal against my CAG so the only option was to RESIT

Please stop with the excessive caps it’s rude and childish. I don’t remember you saying that stuff. Also I did exams a year early and some of my friends who also did failed and just retook them. To do that badly you would have indicators you wouldn’t pass and would need to retake so you should have been working on them to retake this summer with the rest of your exams. Tbh I don’t think GCSEs should be done early, I mean A levels aren’t done early and often people do better with more time learning. So just do them with the rest of the country. If you were able to do them last year with normal grade boundaries you should be more than able to do them this year too.
And yes I am year 11 going to do 2021 GCSES but my school take some options early in year 10 so we won’t have as much exams in year 11 I’m doing 12 in total.

That’s an average number, I did 12 and did one early.
Sorry for BEING RUDE AND CHILDISH I just had to express my feelings 😽😽
I know it’s average and most schools take 12 at the same time but my school thought it would make us less stressed but I think otherwise I think it put more pressure on us and a lot of people were not ready
Original post by AccountHolder
That’s an average number, I did 12 and did one early.

My school only does 9 :lol:
I cant do them with the rest of the country my school said if I do I’d have to pay and that if exams are cancelled I cant do the exams and I’d just get the CAG SO I had to do November resits. I genuinely didn’t know I was going to get downgraded as I thought I’d been working hard throughout the year getting 8s and 9s in mocks just to come out with a 6 and 7 whcih is good don’t get me wrong however I was annoyed as I have never gotten those grades before even in class assessments. Also I got a bit mad hence the excessive caps as your comment came across as close minded so I do apologise for that
Original post by Theloniouss
My school only does 9 :lol:

Lucky
Loony Toons :bunny:

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)
Very
I am RESITTING MY YEAR 10 GCSES I WAS MEANT TO TAKE early. Does that make MORE SENSE. I WAS GIVEN CENTRE assesed grades due to my EXAMS BEING CANCELLED. HOWEVER I received 3 grades lower than EXPECTED. THEREFORE I voluntarily made the decision to RESIT my EXAMS TO IMPROVE MY GRADE as I could NOT appeal against my CAG so the only option was to RESIT

I am in the same position as you. I really hope exam boundaries are lowered it would only be fair. What subject are you retaking?
Original post by blueclouds2021
I am in the same position as you. I really hope exam boundaries are lowered it would only be fair. What subject are you retaking?

also they make the boundaries based on the quotas they have so if the whole year does worse than normal they have to lower the boundaries to reflect this. They have to give out a set percentage of grades so say no one does above 40% in history (will never happen but just imagine) then it will be less than 40% for a 9
this comment section has me dying agahhahaha

gcse20212004 I got what you were trying to say, I'd guess probably not tbh, because under that principle, they'd have to do the same for 2021 exams, 2020 exams etc, ya know? They have to lower them back down at some point, plus you were given the oppurtunity to be advantaged by the higher autumn grades. You decided to retake.

but i am child i do not know do not come for mee
also they make the boundaries based on the quotas they have so if the whole year does worse than normal they have to lower the boundaries to reflect this. They have to give out a set percentage of grades so say no one does above 40% in history (will never happen but just imagine) then it will be less than 40% for a 9

Actually, setting grade boundaries is a bit more complicated than that.
Original post by Theloniouss
Actually, setting grade boundaries is a bit more complicated than that.

I just gave the simplistic explanation
I just gave the simplistic explanation

Yeah, but your explanation isn't right at all. There are no quotas, it's just that when you take 800,000 students you tend to get the same percentage at each standard.
Blue clouds I’m doing psychology and re

Wow feel as if something like this will happen to edexcel psuhcologu gcse as the grade boundaries last year were extremely low as it was the first 9-1 exams for that gcse it was 60 percent for a 9.... and most people I know who are resitting this subject said paper 1 was incredibly difficult which it was
Wow feel as if something like this will happen to edexcel psuhcologu gcse as the grade boundaries last year were extremely low as it was the first 9-1 exams for that gcse it was 60 percent for a 9.... and most people I know who are resitting this subject said paper 1 was incredibly difficult which it was

Yes
Original post by blueclouds2021

I’m glad that I’m not alone it’s low-key so hard to balance it with year 11 work and I feel behind but once exams are over I’m going to start work very hard

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending