Do universities do credit checks for loans?

Watch
TheLostStudent06
Badges: 11
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
What if my credit score is too low because of blacklist
ReadingMum
Badges: 18
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
There is no credit check for SFE loans
niteninja1
Badges: 22
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by TheLostStudent06)
What if my credit score is too low because of blacklist
Universities dont offer loans
TheLostStudent06
Rep:
(Original post by niteninja1)
Universities dont offer loans
Student loans? Tuition fee loans?
ReadingMum
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Student loans? Tuition fee loans?
they are offered by Student Finance England (SFE) if you are English - not by the universities. They are FOR university but not provided BY the university
yolo10101010
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
you are good bro, they probably check but they dont care. ive been in poor situations but i still got my maintainence and tution loans
TheLostStudent06
Rep:
(Original post by yolo10101010)
you are good bro, they probably check but they dont care. ive been in poor situations but i still got my maintainence and tution loans
What was your situation?
TheLostStudent06
Rep:
(Original post by ReadingMum)
they are offered by Student Finance England (SFE) if you are English - not by the universities. They are FOR university but not provided BY the university
For student tuition loans, do u need a bank account of any sort? Or will a cifas marker prevent you from getting the tuition loans? If it does, when do u have to pay them off?
IWMTom
Badges: 20
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
For student tuition loans, do u need a bank account of any sort? Or will a cifas marker prevent you from getting the tuition loans? If it does, when do u have to pay them off?
No you don't, only maintenance loan.
ReadingMum
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
The tuition loan goes straight to the uni so you can manage without a bank account and the uni still get paid. As stated above it is the maintenance loan that has to be paid into an account in your name.
TheLostStudent06
Rep:
The tuition loan goes straight to the uni so you can manage without a bank account and the uni still get paid. As stated above it is the maintenance loan that has to be paid into an account in your name.
So even with a cifas marker i can get the tuition loans?
ReadingMum
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
So even with a cifas marker i can get the tuition loans?
tuition loan is yes as it never comes to you - and SFE don't credit check people for either tuition or maintenance loans. Your only issue is with the maintenance loan having to be paid into an account in your name and having a CIFAS marker might prevent you opening such an account. If you can open an account somewhere, even a basic one or one designed for people with poor credit, then the maintenance loan can be paid into it. If you can't open an account anywhere then that would prevent you receiving the maintenance loan
TheLostStudent06
Rep:
tuition loan is yes as it never comes to you - and SFE don't credit check people for either tuition or maintenance loans. Your only issue is with the maintenance loan having to be paid into an account in your name and having a CIFAS marker might prevent you opening such an account. If you can open an account somewhere, even a basic one or one designed for people with poor credit, then the maintenance loan can be paid into it. If you can't open an account anywhere then that would prevent you receiving the maintenance loan
Tyvm for the clarification <3
TheLostStudent06
Rep:
Wait so to make it clear, my cifas marker wont stop me from getting tuition fee loans?
ReadingMum
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
As has been said, quite a few times now, if you qualify for a tuition fee loan (through nationality/residency/whatever the SFE rules are) there is no credit check and the tuition fee will be paid directly to the university.
There is no credit check for the maintenance loan either but you must have a bank account in your name for them to pay in into. That is where your CIFAS marker comes in.
The government loans don't care if you have a CIFAS marker- they will still lend you the money for tuition and maintenance. You just need an account to receive maintenance into.
TheLostStudent06
Rep:
As has been said, quite a few times now, if you qualify for a tuition fee loan (through nationality/residency/whatever the SFE rules are) there is no credit check and the tuition fee will be paid directly to the university.
There is no credit check for the maintenance loan either but you must have a bank account in your name for them to pay in into. That is where your CIFAS marker comes in.
The government loans don't care if you have a CIFAS marker- they will still lend you the money for tuition and maintenance. You just need an account to receive maintenance into.
Alright thank you, and also im sorry for bothering you have a great weekend
ReadingMum
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Alright thank you, and also im sorry for bothering you have a great weekend
That's ok - I am just struggling to say the same thing in different ways to get the message across.
yolo10101010
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
What was your situation?
same as yours lol still living
TheLostStudent06
Rep:
(Original post by yolo10101010)
same as yours lol still living
How did u get ur maintenance loan?
yolo10101010
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
How did u get ur maintenance loan?
straight to my monzo. apparently its been getting harder for students who have been doing fraud to get monzo accounts but youll never know unless you try and apply.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What is your favourite revision method?

Taking notes manually (78)
20.63%
Note taking apps (7)
1.85%
Flashcards (86)
22.75%
Revision guides (19)
5.03%
Past papers (173)
45.77%
Something else (let us know in the thread) (15)
3.97%

Watched Threads