Interview for BA (Hons) Primary Education at University of Wolverhampton

Watch
Sian_Lippitt19
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Hi,
I've just accepted an appointment for an interview for a Primary Education course at the University of Wolverhampton, so would like to start preparing for the interview. Has anyone had a similar interview? What kinds of questions do they ask? What should I expect? I'm a mature student, and have spent the last two years at college, so it's been so long since I had to go for an interview for anything! Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!
Evethetrainee
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Sian_Lippitt19)
Hi,
I've just accepted an appointment for an interview for a Primary Education course at the University of Wolverhampton, so would like to start preparing for the interview. Has anyone had a similar interview? What kinds of questions do they ask? What should I expect? I'm a mature student, and have spent the last two years at college, so it's been so long since I had to go for an interview for anything! Any help would be appreciated. Thank you in advance!
I’m a mature student too 😊
I had an interview last week which was online. It started off with the whole group of applicants having a welcome style meeting and a q & a session with some student ambassadors and the head of the department. We then had a formal meeting in groups of 3...most of the questions were based around my personal statement and why I want to teach, what makes a good teacher, my strengths and areas for improvement.
I was so nervous but there really was no need to be. Everyone was lovely and it felt almost like having a chat rather than an interview to me.
I was given an unconditional offer so it must have gone okay!
Good luck with your interview, I have another on 25th 😊
Sian_Lippitt19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Thanks! I've been sent a document to read about behaviour management, which they're apparently going to ask me questions on. I hope this goes well!
lucya.123
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Hi, I also have an interview for Uni of Wolverhampton (tomorrow!). This is my first university interview so I'm glad to hear there is no need to be worried!I have also been asked to read a document about behaviour management as well as to raise and discuss a current initiative that has recently happened in primary schools, do you have any advice regarding these topics in the interview?Would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
Sian_Lippitt19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 1 month ago
(Original post by lucya.123)
Hi, I also have an interview for Uni of Wolverhampton (tomorrow!). This is my first university interview so I'm glad to hear there is no need to be worried!I have also been asked to read a document about behaviour management as well as to raise and discuss a current initiative that has recently happened in primary schools, do you have any advice regarding these topics in the interview?Would be greatly appreciated, thanks!
I got worried for a minuet thinking I've not done something I should, regarding raising and discussing a current initiative, but nothing in my email mentions that! Also. What time's you're interview? We may end up seeing each other if they're doing groups! xD
lucya.123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
(Original post by Sian_Lippitt19)
I got worried for a minuet thinking I've not done something I should, regarding raising and discussing a current initiative, but nothing in my email mentions that! Also. What time's you're interview? We may end up seeing each other if they're doing groups! xD
Omg thank you for the reply I was worried I had left this too late haha!
I received an email from a Senior Lecturer directly providing a link for the behaviour management document and also to discuss a current initiative in primary schools. This is the part I'm most concerned about as it seems quite vague, I wasn't sure if an initiative includes things such as online learning during covid-19 or something more common such as recycling. So any help on this part would be fab!
Also, my interview is tomorrow at 3pm. When is yours?
Wishing you all the best!!
Sian_Lippitt19
Rep:
?
Omg thank you for the reply I was worried I had left this too late haha!
I received an email from a Senior Lecturer directly providing a link for the behaviour management document and also to discuss a current initiative in primary schools. This is the part I'm most concerned about as it seems quite vague, I wasn't sure if an initiative includes things such as online learning during covid-19 or something more common such as recycling. So any help on this part would be fab!
Also, my interview is tomorrow at 3pm. When is yours?
Wishing you all the best!!
How did you get on? I'm so stressed already waiting for the results! xD
lucya.123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
the interview was really good and the lecturer was so lovely! I just received a conditional offer
Hope yours was fab also, and have you heard anything back yet!?
Evethetrainee
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
the interview was really good and the lecturer was so lovely! I just received a conditional offer
Congratulations!
Sian_Lippitt19
Rep:
?
Yes! I accepted my conditional offer last night, and then celebrated with the husband!
ani99
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Congratulations on your offer! I have an interview on Wednesday and I have also been asked to talk about a current initiative. How was this part for you? What did you speak about? I am really nervous about mine, so any help on this would be appreciated. Thanks!!
lucya.123
Rep:
?
Report 1 month ago
Congrats!
For a current initiative, I talked about mental health amongst young children and how this has been affected by bigger platform for mental health as a whole etc. If you google ‘current initiatives in primary schools’ individual primary school websites come up and just take one of their initiatives and research it a wee bit, that’s what I did.
Good luck!!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (100)
62.89%
I don't have everything I need (59)
37.11%

Watched Threads