username5458796
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I really want all 9s in my gcses im in year 10 and want to go uni and do medicine although all 9s arent required i just want them the subjects im taking are:
GCSE English Lit AQA
GCSE ENGLISH language AQA
GCSE Maths Higher AQA
GCSE Combined Science Higher AQA
GCSE History Edexcel
GCSE French Higher AQA
GCSE Drama Edexcel
GCSE Btec Level in enterprise
someone please give me revision resources or tips that can get me 9s or how i can answer questions or be ahead in class
thanks
CaptainDuckie
Badges: 22
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Hi to get all 9’s it’s definitely achievable! First of I got 11 9’s at GCSE so I think I can give you a detailed response. Start of by focusing on a subject you don’t like, find out why you don’t like it & make sure it doesn’t drag you down. Tell the teachers that you want a 9, always ask them on how you want to improve. So for the sciences, just make sure you’re making notes, doing flashcards, and most importantly doing practice past papers. If you can, try and get your teacher to also mark it so they can give you some feedback. For English literature, what I did was memorise a grade 9 paragraph for each poem but if you don’t want to take that rigid approach, I’d recommend watching YouTube videos such as Mr Bruff, I watched it on the day before the exam and on the day I got a grade 9! Follow the specification to see what exactly the examiner wants
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
For English language, I pretty much did the same thing, I memorised phrases / paragraphs on a flashcard and I could basically use like 30 different phrases again and again due to me remembering them, this is useful to get that grade 9.
In terms of English Language revision, I didn’t really revise for it, but if I would’ve then I would recommend just actually attempting the past papers and then giving it to your teacher to mark it. This way they’ll give you so much feedback that it’s impossible for you not to get a grade 9
CaptainDuckie
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
For maths, I got a 9. My best advice for this annoying subject is to just get your hands on as many practice papers as you can. There are tailored grade 9 questions on www.mathsgenie.co.uk
So just attempt the grade 9 questions and make sure you are super confident with it because in an exam, the questions are actually graded in terms of difficulty. So if you can answer a grade 9 question, the examiner will probably end up giving you the grade 9. I’d also recommend getting that grade 8-9 revision text book, to have external practice
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Feeling behind at school/college? What is the best thing your teachers could to help you catch up?

Extra compulsory independent learning activities (eg, homework tasks) (5)
4.9%
Run extra compulsory lessons or workshops (16)
15.69%
Focus on making the normal lesson time with them as high quality as possible (19)
18.63%
Focus on making the normal learning resources as high quality/accessible as possible (11)
10.78%
Provide extra optional activities, lessons and/or workshops (33)
32.35%
Assess students, decide who needs extra support and focus on these students (18)
17.65%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise