alex.n.c
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I have just completed my first half term (6 weeks) of Year 12. I have chosen to do Religious Studies but am not enjoying it at all and finding the Philosophy and Ethics very hard to get my head around. I really wish I had taken Psychology instead. Do you think it is worth swapping now or will the catch up work load be too much. And what do you think I am better off doing alongside my other choices of Chemistry and Geography? Preferably the one with the smaller work load or perhaps the easier one to understand.
absolutelysprout
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
there's a lot of content in psychology, but the earlier you swap the subjects the better. i did a level psychology and 6 weeks you probably could catch up w if you put the effort in, the content's pretty easy to understand so it's just a matter of making a lot of notes and doing exam questions for practice.
purplewriter
Badges: 2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If you really aren't enjoying Religious Studies, I would say switch, If you're really sure about Psychology. 6 weeks may seem like a lot to catch up on, but you'll be studying these subjects for two years. I was stuck in a similar situation in year 12, wanted to swap from Maths to History and didn't end up doing it. I honestly regret my decision because I didn't do very well in Maths and every time my friend doing History brought up what she was doing in her lessons it made me so sad wishing that could be me lol.
MadameRazz
Badges: 18
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Psychology has a lot of content but I do think it’ll be easier to wrap your head around than Philosophy. I definitely think its worth swapping if you arent enjoying it, and 6 weeks is a fair bit but is definitely manageable to catch up on. better switch now than later!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (292)
56.05%
I don't have everything I need (229)
43.95%

Watched Threads