Mel6784
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
my alevels are - fine art, product design and business i am looking into university courses and am thinking about either interior design, product design or architecture, i have always liked architecture but im worried that without maths or a science i would not get into any good courses.i got a 9,8 in my gcse science and an 8 in maths which are okay but i would genuinely struggle doing them at A level i am also doing an epq and am still not decided what to base that on ? Any advice would be really appreciated
jhhuck1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
depends on your grades really. most architecture courses ask for art, but hardly any ask for maths or physics
Mel6784
Rep:
?
(Original post by jhhuck1)
depends on your grades really. most architecture courses ask for art, but hardly any ask for maths or physics
thanks for your reply alot of people suggest that i would need maths do you know anybody that got onto a decent course with similar alevels ? and would i struggle with the course if so !?
jhhuck1
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Mel6784)
thanks for your reply alot of people suggest that i would need maths do you know anybody that got onto a decent course with similar alevels ? and would i struggle with the course if so !?
I'm applying right now for architecture and its not been a problem for me applying with no maths. Ive chosen arts-based unis and courses though. I think if youre aiming for bath, cambridge or newcastle they care more about art. But unis like cardiff, UCL and GSA don't care about maths as much.
Mel6784
Rep:
?
(Original post by jhhuck1)
I'm applying right now for architecture and its not been a problem for me applying with no maths. Ive chosen arts-based unis and courses though. I think if youre aiming for bath, cambridge or newcastle they care more about art. But unis like cardiff, UCL and GSA don't care about maths as much.
perfect thank you so much for the reply
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (177)
58.42%
I don't have everything I need (126)
41.58%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed