The Student Room Group

I like someone older than me I don’t know what to do 😭

So I’m in year 7 just to clarify and my crush is in year 9 it’s not a terrible age difference I am 12 and he is 13 it’s only one year currently and I have really good grades and I’ll know you will probs be like it’s not going to last long and I’ll know I’ll get called names but most likely the boy will in my school will. I have asked a lot of people what they think they said it’s ok I need your opinions pls ❤️
Original post by Anonymous
So I’m in year 7 just to clarify and my crush is in year 9 it’s not a terrible age difference I am 12 and he is 13 it’s only one year currently and I have really good grades and I’ll know you will probs be like it’s not going to last long and I’ll know I’ll get called names but most likely the boy will in my school will. I have asked a lot of people what they think they said it’s ok I need your opinions pls ❤️

If you really feel attracted towards him and know that you think you will have a good relationship with him then go for it! However as you note out on the name-calling and hate.. maybe dont spread your relation?
Reply 2
Original post by Captain K
If you really feel attracted towards him and know that you think you will have a good relationship with him then go for it! However as you note out on the name-calling and hate.. maybe dont spread your relation?

Thank you for your opinion and I will keep that in mind :smile:

Does he like you?
I have a sister, in Year 7. I myself am in Year 10.

Do not do it girly! Yes, it is one year, but the fact is you are still very young. You were in Year 6 literally a few 'months' ago. When I look at my sister all I think about is how she is still a child and dating is really unnecessary! As well as that, I was in Year 9 last year and boys who went for year 7's really did not like them girls and most people did find it rather strange.

He will start his GCSE's and stuff soon, and if it isn't going to last long don't waste yourself the heartbreak for no reasons. You are in Year 7 an studying is not that important, however, all the basic knowledge starts here so please work on that!

If you do really like him then go for it! And it may work out, I could be wrong. I really hope you do what makes you happy and is better in the long run! If you do end up together, keep it lowkey. You do not want to be the next rumour.

💞
Ngl, I was in the same position as you. I was in year 11 and he was in year 13. If you like him then definitely go for it! As for the name calling, try not to make it as obvious infront of others. Like maybe try not to smile or get excited when you see him and stuff.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 6
Original post by deadroseex
I have a sister, in Year 7. I myself am in Year 10.

Do not do it girly! Yes, it is one year, but the fact is you are still very young. You were in Year 6 literally a few 'months' ago. When I look at my sister all I think about is how she is still a child and dating is really unnecessary! As well as that, I was in Year 9 last year and boys who went for year 7's really did not like them girls and most people did find it rather strange.

He will start his GCSE's and stuff soon, and if it isn't going to last long don't waste yourself the heartbreak for no reasons. You are in Year 7 an studying is not that important, however, all the basic knowledge starts here so please work on that!

If you do really like him then go for it! And it may work out, I could be wrong. I really hope you do what makes you happy and is better in the long run! If you do end up together, keep it lowkey. You do not want to be the next rumour.

💞

Thank you so so much it’s just that I wasn’t sure what to do in this situation and I did want to sound creepy to the year 9
Reply 7
Original post by 5hyl33n
Does he like you?

I honestly don’t know but he keeps smiling at me but he dose not like my friends at all
Reply 8

It's been a while since i've been at school, but he can't be in year 9 if he's 13 .. I think you trollin us......
Original post by ANM775
It's been a while since i've been at school, but he can't be in year 9 if he's 13 .. I think you trollin us......

He could be but he would have to be turning 14 before next September
wait a few years and it'll be perfectly ok
Reply 11
He could be but he would have to be turning 14 before next September

Yes you're right actually. :redface:

yeah .. it's been a while since I was at school lol

Apologies to the OP
Original post by ANM775
It's been a while since i've been at school, but he can't be in year 9 if he's 13 .. I think you trollin us...... I

He 13 turning 14
Original post by Thepanda13
Ngl, I was in the same position as you. I was in year 11 and he was in year 13. If you like him then definitely go for it! As for the name calling, try not to make it as obvious infront of others. Like maybe try not to smile or get excited when you see him and stuff.

Thanks ❤️

There are worse age gaps! I'd go for it! As long as you think you would feel comfortable in that situation!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending