The Student Room Group

Tips on revising combined science

Just got my mocks back from science and I'm so proud of the grade I got in Biology and I obviously need to improve and I get my chemistry paper back tomorrow and I already know I did poorly. Has anyone got tips on how to revise science especially Chemistry?
I'm doing A level chemistry at the moment, for revising subjects do a bunch of exam questions or practice questions, and if you're struggling to answer them you probably know you'll need to revise that part of the subject.
It also may be a good idea to use something like quizlet to memorise some key terms too.

For the maths side of chemistry (Moles) you'll definitely wanna practice some exam questions on them
Also, practice some questions which ask you about experiments
Reply 2
Original post by ApplePiePanda
I'm doing A level chemistry at the moment, for revising subjects do a bunch of exam questions or practice questions, and if you're struggling to answer them you probably know you'll need to revise that part of the subject.
It also may be a good idea to use something like quizlet to memorise some key terms too.

For the maths side of chemistry (Moles) you'll definitely wanna practice some exam questions on them
Also, practice some questions which ask you about experiments

Thank you x
Seriously use flashcards! They are perfect for jotting down key facts, definitions and any other information too. You can use them as a memory aid to test yourself each week.
Reply 4
Original post by tinygirl96
Seriously use flashcards! They are perfect for jotting down key facts, definitions and any other information too. You can use them as a memory aid to test yourself each week.

Thank youu!
Original post by x.bqueen.x
Just got my mocks back from science and I'm so proud of the grade I got in Biology and I obviously need to improve and I get my chemistry paper back tomorrow and I already know I did poorly. Has anyone got tips on how to revise science especially Chemistry?

Hi @x.bqueen.x

When I revised for GCSE science I would make notes/ mind maps using the revision guides, as writing out the information helps me learn. I also condensed notes onto revision cards. I found that the less information I had on the card it was easier to memorise. Past papers are also a really good way to revise as you get used to the style of questions. Good luck!

Zaira :smile:
Reply 6
Original post by hallamstudents
Hi @x.bqueen.x

When I revised for GCSE science I would make notes/ mind maps using the revision guides, as writing out the information helps me learn. I also condensed notes onto revision cards. I found that the less information I had on the card it was easier to memorise. Past papers are also a really good way to revise as you get used to the style of questions. Good luck!

Zaira :smile:

Thank you so much Zaira

Quick Reply

Latest