The Student Room Group

How to get over a crush?

I've liked someone a lot for quite a few months now and I cant get over them, and it's not like I can avoid them either as they're one of my good friends. I even tried convincing myself I liked other ppl but it was just a waste of time I just dont know what to do
Reply 1
Masturbation.
Original post by Anonymous
I've liked someone a lot for quite a few months now and I cant get over them, and it's not like I can avoid them either as they're one of my good friends. I even tried convincing myself I liked other ppl but it was just a waste of time I just dont know what to do

what is your heart telling you ?
Reply 3
Original post by ~•TIYA•TAKA
what is your heart telling you ?

That I rlly like them but I'm not gonna act on it as I'd never want to ruin my friendship
Reply 4
That I rlly like them but I'm not gonna act on it as I'd never want to ruin my friendship

F**k what your heart tells you, think logically. Romeo and Juliet thought with their heart and look where they ended up...

is it a crush where like you crush on their apparance or you really like him without knowing why ?
if it's just because he or she is handsome or beautiful then i guaranty you'll forget them
BUT if you don't know why then it might be a little difficult...
Reply 6
Original post by Gillzy
F**k what your heart tells you, think logically. Romeo and Juliet thought with their heart and look where they ended up...

Exactly that's what I'm saying I need advice on how to get over this
Original post by Gillzy

listening to Your Heart is SOMETIMES important dudee ! ≥﹏≤
Reply 8
is it a crush where like you crush on their apparance or you really like him without knowing why ?
if it's just because he or she is handsome or beautiful then i guaranty you'll forget them
BUT if you don't know why then it might be a little difficult...

I like everything about them, looks and personality, like I said they're a good friend and idk what to do to get over this
Reply 9
listening to Your Heart is SOMETIMES important dudee ! ≥﹏≤

Got me nowhere in life, life isnt a fairytale its a mess...
Exactly that's what I'm saying I need advice on how to get over this

but if you really like REALLY tried for sure to forget them and it doesn't work then there's a problem somewhere
anyways i think that you just have to distance yourself as much as you can and stop talking to them by text or in real life if yiu wanna forget your crush for them
Time's sometimes The Solution 😉 dw
Original post by Gillzy
Got me nowhere in life, life isnt a fairytale its a mess...

then...¯\_(ツ)_/¯
but if you really like REALLY tried for sure to forget them and it doesn't work then there's a problem somewhere
anyways i think that you just have to distance yourself as much as you can and stop talking to them by text or in real life if yiu wanna forget your crush for them
Time's sometimes The Solution 😉 dw

I cant tho, I hang out w them everyday and I text them pretty much everyday too. Yeah ik time does help but idk i just wish i could make it go away
I cant tho, I hang out w them everyday and I text them pretty much everyday too. Yeah ik time does help but idk i just wish i could make it go away

it will be difficult if you really want to forget your ctush for them
then it's the only thing you can do
but he doesn't like you ? without any indiscretion ?
Find someone else to crush on

Go on a social media detox, like avoid using FB, Instagram and Snapchat for a while until you feel like you're over them. In the meantime maybe consider finding other things to do like watching TV series, listen to music or learn new skills. Trust me if you do that you'll start to forget about them, I've been in a similar situation myself and I've doing the things I mentioned and I felt much better by doing those.

The way I look at it, if the feeling of appreciation is mutual between you and your crush then it's fine, but if you feel you're doing all the talking and they're not responding, then it's best to forget about them I'm afraid.
it will be difficult if you really want to forget your ctush for them
then it's the only thing you can do
but he doesn't like you ? without any indiscretion ?

Ik ty for the advice anyways:smile:. My friends think they might like me but it's hard to tell and like I said I dont want to ruin my friendship
Original post by Miss Maddie
Find someone else to crush on

Already tried that lol
Original post by Shafy97
Go on a social media detox, like avoid using FB, Instagram and Snapchat for a while until you feel like you're over them. In the meantime maybe consider finding other things to do like watching TV series, listen to music or learn new skills. Trust me if you do that you'll start to forget about them, I've been in a similar situation myself and I've doing the things I mentioned and I felt much better by doing those.

The way I look at it, if the feeling of appreciation is mutual between you and your crush then it's fine, but if you feel you're doing all the talking and they're not responding, then it's best to forget about them I'm afraid.

Ah no the situation is that they're one of my rlly good friends so we hang out together everyday and text everyday. I do spend a lot of time doing my hobbies and meeting up w ppl etc etc but idk I just cant seem to get over them, but ty for the advice anyways I rlly appreciate it:smile:
Ah no the situation is that they're one of my rlly good friends so we hang out together everyday and text everyday. I do spend a lot of time doing my hobbies and meeting up w ppl etc etc but idk I just cant seem to get over them, but ty for the advice anyways I rlly appreciate it:smile:

Ah I see, fair enough mate:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending