Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
I have IAS qualifications dated October 2020 on the application. I am now asking that whether I should delete them as the results are not out until 2 days before ucas deadline. I think that those results will be a better representation of my ability, but the system asked me to put AS predicted grades as well (I only have A*AA predicted for AL).
And if I just put them as pending and AAA predicted (no A* for AS), is this OK? The results will be sent to each of my choices automatically on results day.
Last edited by 8013; 8 months ago
ishagala
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by 8013)
I have IAS qualifications dated October 2020 on the application. I am now asking that whether I should delete them as the results are not out until 2 days before ucas deadline. I think that those results will be a better representation of my ability, but the system asked me to put AS predicted grades as well (I only have A*AA predicted for AL).
And if I just put them as pending and AAA predicted (no A* for AS), is this OK? The results will be sent to each of my choices automatically on results day.
UCAS requires you to present ALL qualifications you've sat for so that includes the October 2020 ones too. Once the results come out, your unis will receive them and also use them to consider your application along with your predicted grades. So I'd suggest keep your Oct qualifications as pending there, it will be useful.
Admit-One
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by 8013)
Unless it’s an internal mock exam only, you have to list it, you don’t have a choice. Any offer you receive can be withdrawn if you are found to have omitted information.

It’s unlikely to affect the outcome of your application, AS levels are not taken everywhere now, so uni’s use them much less frequently to make application decisions.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Admit-One)
Unless it’s an internal mock exam only, you have to list it, you don’t have a choice. Any offer you receive can be withdrawn if you are found to have omitted information.

It’s unlikely to affect the outcome of your application, AS levels are not taken everywhere now, so uni’s use them much less frequently to make application decisions.
Should I put my AS PGs as AAA? I have A*AA for A level predicted.
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by 8013)
Should I put my AS PGs as AAA? I have A*AA for A level predicted.
Usually you would leave them as pending with no grades and your ref would have the option of inputting a prediction for each.
Rep:
?
(Original post by Admit-One)
Usually you would leave them as pending with no grades and your ref would have the option of inputting a prediction for each.
My referee cannot put those grades in. I have told him to leave a reason after I asked UCAS on Messenger last night.
Admit-One
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
(Original post by 8013)
My referee cannot put those grades in. I have told him to leave a reason after I asked UCAS on Messenger last night.
They can leave an explanation in their reference, but I don’t think the qualification page will accept more than a few characters.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (21)
17.07%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (40)
32.52%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (12)
9.76%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (13)
10.57%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (6)
4.88%
I think it's an unfair expectation (29)
23.58%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.63%

Watched Threads