Have your say: What does lockdown mean for school, college and university students?

Watch
tam13
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Here's where you can post a comment about our What does lockdown mean for school, college and university students? article.

Read the full What does lockdown mean for school, college and university students? article and join in the discussion by posting a message below.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
A lot of things.
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Just to reiterate advice from another thread:

If a university student is planning to move home then PLEASE

- check that remote learning will be possible and allowed for the rest of the term - try to get confirmation of this in writing from someone on your course team/department/faculty and take EVERYTHING you might need to study remotely with you (expect this to last beyond a month)
- let your university KNOW (if they're notifying flatmates of someone with symptoms/a positive test then knowing that you're not in your term time residence will save a lot of wasted efforts and potential worry)
- let your landlord know
- PACK UP your room fully before you leave (and photograph and inventory what is in difference bags/boxes) so that if you can't return for some reason then someone else will be able to send you your possessions easily (this caused a lot of problems for students who left in a rush in March)
- if you can then SELF ISOLATE as much as possible for a week or more before you travel between residences to minimise the chance of infecting your loved ones (and the chances of developing symptoms on the day you're due to travel)
- if you're leaving the country then check in with your university's international team. If you're a visa student then leaving the country can affect your visa, if you're an EU student then apply for pre-settled status BEFORE you leave the UK to save yourself the cost of having to buy a £350 visa to return after Brexit. Make sure you keep boarding passes/vignettes/travel documents so that you can evidence your time in and out of the UK.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (18)
15.65%
No one else does (40)
34.78%
I'm embarrassed about my background (14)
12.17%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (37)
32.17%
We don't use a video platform (2)
1.74%
I don't have a camera (2)
1.74%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (2)
1.74%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed