Accredited online SEO Content Writing Course

Watch
PaigeKendal
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
Does anyone know of / recommend any good accredited courses, where I can learn Content Writing skills (even better a course that touches on PPE and SEO)? I'm in search of an online course that I can complete during my current gap year, starting ASAP. I would prefer a course that is flexible, and can be completed as and when I have time outside of work. I'm working towards a future in music journalism; currently I'm trying to get my foot in the door of professional writing and, in order to do so, I first need to gain some skills and qualifications. I would like the course to be recognised by universities and employers, hence the mention of it being accredited. If anyone has any other ideas about ways I can develop my content writing skills (possibly for a Digital Marketing job), please don't hesitate to let me know!
MindMax2000
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 8 months ago
I'm not sure what you mean by PPE in this context. Do you mean PPC?

As far as I know, there is no professional nationally or internationally recognised institution for content writing. There are good courses out there for content writing, but none that would lend to the same credibility as something you can use anywhere in the world. The field of content writing is also ever changing, so even if you do go on a university accredited course, the online environment may end up changing once you graduate.

The sort of content writing courses that I have seen mentioned and vouched for by professionals (with likely biases) are:

• Clickminded - I would personally recommend for digital marketing in general
  • Copyblogger
  • Content Marketing Institute
  • MOZ - highly recommended for SEO
  • American marketing Association
  • Ahref
  • ConvertEdu
  • Digital Marketer
  • Canadian Marketing Association
  • SEO Roadmap - SEO specifically
  • Hootsuite
Courses from one provider should cover most of the material from another. There might be a few things that goes beyond the material taught by another though, so if you're in a hyper competitive market doing multiple courses with multiple providers might give you a handful of insights and an edge over the competition. Do note, a number of the courses can be in the £1000 range, but some can be in the £300 range as well.
There are others courses by a number of non-Ivy League American universities (because they can virtually create courses on anything), but they will be accredited.

I'm currently looking into CIM's diplomas and awards, which can be the equivalent of degrees, but a lot cheaper and more professionally recognised in marketing. I don't think they have much content on SEO or content marketing though, and they don't particularly help you if you want to go into music journalism.

As far as I know, there isn't anything overly complicated or novel in content marketing or SEO in the courses. A lot of it will be common sense, but there might be a few technical things you will need to be aware of, especially in SEO which is very different from content writing.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you feel if uni students needed to be double vaccinated to start in Autumn?

I'd feel reassured about my own health (45)
14.95%
I'd feel reassured my learning may be less disrupted by isolations/lockdowns (97)
32.23%
I'd feel less anxious about being around large groups (38)
12.62%
I don't mind if others are vaccinated or not (26)
8.64%
I'm concerned it may disadvantage some students (17)
5.65%
I think it's an unfair expectation (75)
24.92%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (3)
1%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed