Imperial aeronautic mathematics aptitude test (AMAT)

Watch
jt4213
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 3 months ago
Hey, does anyone have a specification for the exam in the title. I don’t study further maths and was wondering if i would be disadvantaged
Sh1vam.naik
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 3 months ago
(Original post by jt4213)
Hey, does anyone have a specification for the exam in the title. I don’t study further maths and was wondering if i would be disadvantaged
I have no idea. Hardly any information about it anywhere. I think it will all be on A-Level Maths but if this includes the A2 as well which most of us haven't covered fully then it's quite frustrating. The only other information I got from another thread was that it was negatively marked as well so even better :\. 40 questions I believe in 30 minutes. Again all this information is from another thread so I have no idea the validity of it as it isn't anywhere else on the internet. Good luck!
Aisling G
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 4 weeks ago
Hi, does anyone know if everyone who applies has the opportunity to sit AMAT or has a selection process already taken place at this point?
Koalaing
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Aisling G)
Hi, does anyone know if everyone who applies has the opportunity to sit AMAT or has a selection process already taken place at this point?
I was wondering the same thing! I haven't had an invitation to the test either :/
Aisling G
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Koalaing)
I was wondering the same thing! I haven't had an invitation to the test either :/
I got one yesterday, but I was waiting a long time to hear! I have no idea if you automatically get to sit test because you applied or if it’s kind of a part of the interview!!
sohambpt
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I also got my invitation yesterday and have no idea regarding the test. Wishing all the best to my fellow mates.
Val156
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by sohambpt)
I also got my invitation yesterday and have no idea regarding the test. Wishing all the best to my fellow mates.
Did you officially get invited to do it because someone Ik was told they’d get a decision by the end of the week?
Aisling G
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Best of luck to you too!! How do you think we would need to prepare for this, it’s so hard to find any information on! Also do you know if we have to score a particular mark in order to get an interview invite?
physicslover24
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I got one yesterday, but I was waiting a long time to hear! I have no idea if you automatically get to sit test because you applied or if it’s kind of a part of the interview!!
Ah i got mine today but i dont think it was a set invitation because they said they were still considering my app and would let me know by the end of this week if I’d do the test or not.... eek.

Out of curiosity what grades are you predicted in your subjects?
Koalaing
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by physicslover24)
Ah i got mine today but i dont think it was a set invitation because they said they were still considering my app and would let me know by the end of this week if I’d do the test or not.... eek.

I just got the exact same email too, seems a little mean to say we might not have the test? I hope its just nuance and everyone they emailed does get to sit it.
Koalaing
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Are people revising A2 content or just AS maths? And any stats? or just pure and mech?
Anonymous #1
Report 3 weeks ago
When i previously did the AMAT it was mainly pure and mechanics. Nothing too complex, just quite time pressured.
physicslover24
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
I just got the exact same email too, seems a little mean to say we might not have the test? I hope its just nuance and everyone they emailed does get to sit it.
Right ahhh it’s kinda frustrating bc I’m now studying for it but Idek if ill be considered.... I hope we all get to sit it though
sohambpt
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Val156)
Did you officially get invited to do it because someone Ik was told they’d get a decision by the end of the week?
Yes, I received an e-mail from the aero admissions team which stated that I've been invited to the next stage of admission process which is an online Aeronautics Mathematics Aptitude Test (AMAT).
sohambpt
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Best of luck to you too!! How do you think we would need to prepare for this, it’s so hard to find any information on! Also do you know if we have to score a particular mark in order to get an interview invite?
I've read somewhere that we need to solve 40 questions in 30 minutes and each question is marked for 10 marks. One person scored 200 out of 400 and ended up getting an offer. I'm from India so I would be revising all of CBSE topics for the test. I think that would be enough but we never know what type of questions will pop up on the test day.
Val156
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes, I received an e-mail from the aero admissions team which stated that I've been invited to the next stage of admission process which is an online Aeronautics Mathematics Aptitude Test (AMAT).
Oh ok, thank you for replying and good luck on the AMAT :-)
sohambpt
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by Val156)
Oh ok, thank you for replying and good luck on the AMAT :-)
Thanks a lot. Wishing all the best for your future endeavours!
Koalaing
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
(Original post by physicslover24)

have you heard back yet if it's been confirmed?
physicslover24
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Nope, I’m thinking we might be hearing today though... I feel like it would be rather cruel of them to send it on the weekend plus I don’t know if they do work ok weekends so...
sohambpt
Rep:
?
Report 3 weeks ago
Yes, I received a confirmatory email on 3rd February with my blackboard login details and test slot.
I even tried to take the mock test but it only consisted of two questions
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Following the government's announcement, do you think you will be awarded a fair grade this year?

Yes (598)
49.18%
No (618)
50.82%

Watched Threads