The Student Room Group
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London

Imperial aeronautic mathematics aptitude test (AMAT)

Scroll to see replies

How was your AMAT?
Learning at Imperial College London
Imperial College London
London
Original post by sohambpt
How was your AMAT?

Impossible. I better start looking at other unis now:smile: but did anyone actually find that even remotely okay or am I on my own here, barely answered any questions!
Original post by Aisling G
Impossible. I better start looking at other unis now:smile: but did anyone actually find that even remotely okay or am I on my own here, barely answered any questions!

I found it really pressuring it normally takes me 5 mins to get into the “mojo” and by the time I realised it 10 mins already went past.. I wish it wasn’t 30 mins ah because I know I definitely underperformed
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 43
Original post by sohambpt
How was your AMAT?

Got stuck on the first question lmaooo
Original post by physicslover24
I found it really pressuring it normally takes me 5 mins to get into the “mojo” and by the time I realised it 10 mins already went past.. I wish it wasn’t 30 mins ah because I know I definitely underperformed

Same! It was so difficult and the time ran away so fast. I genuinely skipped soooooo many questions. I just looked at them and was like NO and moved on.
Same! It was so difficult and the time ran away so fast. I genuinely skipped soooooo many questions. I just looked at them and was like NO and moved on.

Oh my gosh I basically skipped all the sequence ones because of time </3 I felt that in my soul
how many questions do you guys think you answered?
Original post by Anonymous223322
how many questions do you guys think you answered?

barely 10-20

OMG I THINK YOU WERE IN MY CALL, i remember seeing you just shaking your head after and was like yep sameeeeeeee
Original post by physicslover24
Oh my gosh I basically skipped all the sequence ones because of time </3 I felt that in my soul

same :frown::frown: they were acc disgusting
Original post by Koalaing
OMG I THINK YOU WERE IN MY CALL, i remember seeing you just shaking your head after and was like yep sameeeeeeee

Oh my god ! That was me I was literally deceased and at the start when everyone was looking at each other awkwardly I just thought it was so funny and I was pure laughing out of awkwardness and felt so judged
Oh my god ! That was me I was literally deceased and at the start when everyone was looking at each other awkwardly I just thought it was so funny and I was pure laughing out of awkwardness and felt so judged

I didn't realise the invigilator was there for ages omggg and i was like aw we could like try starting a convo or smth and then noped out of that bahah
Original post by Koalaing
I didn't realise the invigilator was there for ages omggg and i was like aw we could like try starting a convo or smth and then noped out of that bahah

Omg I was this close to breaking the ice and saying something thank GOD I didn’t bc u genuinely didn’t know the invitilator was there
Reply 53
The questions are fairly simple and straightforward.
But the time is a huge issue. How is it possible to finish 40 questions in 30min? I only did 22 questions:frown:
I don't think 22 questions are enough for me to get an offer, especially as an international student doing IB. (Most admission officers in UK prefer a-level more)
(edited 3 years ago)
Original post by sadIrene
The questions are fairly simple and straightforward.
But the time is a huge issue. How is it possible to finish 40 questions in 30min? I only did 22 questions:frown:
I don't think 22 questions are enough for me to get an offer, especially as an international student doing IB. (Most admission officers in UK prefer a-level more)

Ahh for aeronautical at imperial the intake of internationals to home students was 65:35 ( according to the uni guide stats) so if anything I think you have an advantage doing IB... but dont worry as most people answered around that amount I think
Did anyone here get a reply from the College after giving the AMAT?
Original post by bluevampire104
Did anyone here get a reply from the College after giving the AMAT?

No i think they said we’d hear by the 22nd? Dont quote me tho I wasn’t really focusing on what the moderator was saying at the time aha
(edited 3 years ago)
Someone Ik has just gotten an interview for aero
Original post by Anonymous
Someone Ik has just gotten an interview for aero

I just got mine as well
Reply 59
Original post by Anonymous
I just got mine as well

me too

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending