The Student Room Group

Neuroscience or Psychology?

I'm at a crossroads tbh - do I apply for a BSc in Neuroscience or Psychology?
I'd say that depends on your personal preferences (obviously)! For me, I'm more interested in clinical psychology and psychopathology than developmental or other branches of psychology, so I chose psychology over neuroscience :smile: What field of work are you hoping to get into after graduating?
This is your decision to make.
What are your thoughts about either?
Hi there,

Have you looked into neuropsychology or a joint degree in both as you are getting both aspects as you seem to be finding it difficult to come to a conclusion? At the end of the day it is your choice and if you are considering doing a joint honors, you should think about which subject would be more interesting and you think you would enjoy studying for a minimum of 3 years. Personally, I am really interested in neuroscience and psychology but went down the psychology route for my undergraduate degree and am looking to then do a masters in cognitive neuroscience as whilst completing this degree I realized that neuroscience is definitely the area I want to be going down!
Just something for you to think about before making a decision!

Toni,
Student Ambassador
Original post by jessicaelliot97
I'm at a crossroads tbh - do I apply for a BSc in Neuroscience or Psychology?

I’m going to apply for Psychology with Cognitive Neuroscience at Essex for next October intake. Not sure if any other unis do a combined course like this?
Reply 6
I'm applying for a mix of both neuroscience and psychology :smile: but if you were to do psychology you could later do postgraduate in something neurosciency maybe
Hello, does anyone know someone who is doing the joint course, and has any knowledge on it? just asking to see what the modules are like:smile:

Quick Reply

Latest