Studenthelp12
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 7 months ago
Hi so I am currently in Year 11 and have mock exams soon. I was wondering whether or not ill be able get in to Greenhead College, which is very competitive. Any help/tips in regard to sixth form interviews/ GCSE,s. I already have grade 9 in art because i was supposed to do that exam in year 10 but covid happened so i got predicted grades
I want to achieve these in my mock exams
English Language 5
English Literature 6
Maths 7
Biology 7
Chemistry 6
Physics 5
Spanish 5
Thank youu
Laiba R
Badges: 5
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Hi, I am also in year 11 rn, and I have done my mocks, honestly, they were really hard and the result was like a slap upon my face, but since we only had 6 weeks to revise that makes sense.
first of all, stop stressing out because it won't help or change your result, make a timetable and reward yourself every time you follow the timetable, and seriously start revising without telling anyone of your plan, otherwise, you will care more about what the other person is going to get instead of yourself!
Good luck!
hijabibubbles
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Laiba R)
Hi, I am also in year 11 rn, and I have done my mocks, honestly, they were really hard and the result was like a slap upon my face, but since we only had 6 weeks to revise that makes sense.
first of all, stop stressing out because it won't help or change your result, make a timetable and reward yourself every time you follow the timetable, and seriously start revising without telling anyone of your plan, otherwise, you will care more about what the other person is going to get instead of yourself!
Good luck!
ughh my mocks are next weeek! I have bio and maths p1 on Monday and I'm terrifiedd
hijabibubbles
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
ughh my mocks are next weeek! I have bio and maths p1 on Monday and I'm terrifiedd
Laiba R
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
for maths check out your exam board and then start revising into chinks don't cram it won't work for maths. and learn the equation you need , because half of the time the eqution they give you are useless.
for biology practise 6 markers and 9 markers this is where you will be getting most of your marks from, chekc your specification, and check out seneca it really helps.
Laiba R
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by actinglover)
for maths check out your exam board and then start revising into chinks don't cram it won't work for maths. and learn the equation you need, because half of the time the equation they give you is useless.

for biology practice 6 markers and 9 markers this is where you will be getting most of your marks from, check your specification, and check out Seneca it really helps.
Laiba R
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
  1. for maths check out your exam board and then start revising into chinks don't cram it won't work for maths. and learn the equation you need, because half of the time the equation they give you is useless.
  2. for biology practice 6 markers and 9 markers this is where you will be getting most of your marks from, check your specification, and check out Seneca it really helps.
hijabibubbles
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
for maths check out your exam board and then start revising into chinks don't cram it won't work for maths. and learn the equation you need , because half of the time the eqution they give you are useless.
for biology practise 6 markers and 9 markers this is where you will be getting most of your marks from, chekc your specification, and check out seneca it really helps.
thankk youu!
Studenthelp12
Rep:
?
  1. for maths check out your exam board and then start revising into chinks don't cram it won't work for maths. and learn the equation you need, because half of the time the equation they give you is useless.
  2. for biology practice 6 markers and 9 markers this is where you will be getting most of your marks from, check your specification, and check out Seneca it really helps.
thank you, im hoping to make all my flashcards for biology, chemistry, science by sunday and then 3 weeks to revise for everything
fluous
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
This might not help you but putting more work into maths can potentially help with a lot of other subjects - especially the sciences. I don't have much to say to help you, since I never did any sixth form interviews but I hope someone else has some good tips for you!
Qxi.xli
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
for sciences, i literally read every single line of the textbook and i scored nearly full marks in my science mocks and got a 9 in the end
Studenthelp12
Rep:
?
(Original post by fluous)
This might not help you but putting more work into maths can potentially help with a lot of other subjects - especially the sciences. I don't have much to say to help you, since I never did any sixth form interviews but I hope someone else has some good tips for you!
Yeh bcs in aqa biology single science 10%is maths skills which may not seem much but that 2 or 3 marks could boost my grade. I'm also finding it hard to retain the information.
Shafxx
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
(Original post by Studenthelp12)
Hi so I am currently in Year 11 and have mock exams soon. I was wondering whether or not ill be able get in to Greenhead College, which is very competitive. Any help/tips in regard to sixth form interviews/ GCSE,s. I already have grade 9 in art because i was supposed to do that exam in year 10 but covid happened so i got predicted grades
I want to achieve these in my mock exams
English Language 5
English Literature 6
Maths 7
Biology 7
Chemistry 6
Physics 5
Spanish 5
Thank youu
Which subjects do you want to do at A level ?I'd put a lot of emphasis on the 9 that you got as that's what I did as I sat my English Lit in Year 10 and got an 8Show them you're capable of getting higher than your predicted I'd also try and get some experience in the courses you want to do even if it is a MOOC that takes a few hours every week
Studenthelp12
Rep:
?
(Original post by Shafxx)
Which subjects do you want to do at A level ?I'd put a lot of emphasis on the 9 that you got as that's what I did as I sat my English Lit in Year 10 and got an 8Show them you're capable of getting higher than your predicted I'd also try and get some experience in the courses you want to do even if it is a MOOC that takes a few hours every week
i wanted to do economic, geography and psychology. For geography gcse i believe i could easily get a 7 and above if i revise properly. My predicyed grade for english literature is a 7, and i wasnt expecting that
Last edited by Studenthelp12; 7 months ago
Shafxx
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
i wanted to do economic, geography and psychology. For geography gcse i believe i could easily get a 7 and above if i revise properly. My predicyed grade for english literature is a 7, and i wasnt expecting that
Just work as hard as you can honestly you will get there I'd watch videos of people who got 9's and implement their study techniques into your learning lmk if you get in I'm also trying to persuade my sister to go but she'd rather go to New College
Last edited by Shafxx; 7 months ago
Shafxx
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
For English lit get grade 9 essays off the internet from Mr bruff and Mr salles etc. annotate them then transfer these annotations onto flashcards and keep testing yourself on them that's what I did and try and form some of your own using them as a template.
Studenthelp12
Rep:
?
For English lit get grade 9 essays off the internet from Mr bruff and Mr salles etc. annotate them then transfer these annotations onto flashcards and keep testing yourself on them that's what I did and try and form some of your own using them as a template.
Thank you very much. You reassured me a lityle but. Ill update you what i got on mocks and if i get into greenhead, if you want me to. I hope your sister gets in to wherever she goes but persuade her to go to greenhead. Kinda worried exams will get cancelled.
Shafxx
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
Thank you very much. You reassured me a lityle but. Ill update you what i got on mocks and if i get into greenhead, if you want me to. I hope your sister gets in to wherever she goes but persuade her to go to greenhead. Kinda worried exams will get cancelled.
If you do end up going there you will honestly have the best time I miss it so much as I had to leave to retake Year 12 due to personal circumstances and the experience you'll get there honestly is better than what I have now at a school that ranks a bit more average if you do get in ,hopefully , make the most of their enrichments I regret not taking 2 a week at the start and try and at least think about what you even want to do in the future as it really helps when choosing your a levels as I switched from wanting to do English lit, maths and psychology to all sciences when I got there
Shafxx
Rep:
?
Report 7 months ago
lmao she doesn't listen and I don't think she even realises that your year might actually have to take the exams and you have mocks now my sister's are ages away?
Studenthelp12
Rep:
?
lmao she doesn't listen and I don't think she even realises that your year might actually have to take the exams and you have mocks now my sister's are ages away?
Ill hopefully take part in enrichment activities. I have mocks from 30th november to 11h December. I hope exams go ahead but i think they will get cancelled as Scotland and Wales have canceled theirs.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you think receiving Teacher Assessed Grades will impact your future?

I'm worried it will negatively impact me getting into university/college (174)
44.16%
I'm worried that I’m not academically prepared for the next stage in my educational journey (43)
10.91%
I'm worried it will impact my future career (32)
8.12%
I'm worried that my grades will be seen as ‘lesser’ because I didn’t take exams (83)
21.07%
I don’t think that receiving these grades will impact my future (39)
9.9%
I think that receiving these grades will affect me in another way (let us know in the discussion!) (23)
5.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed