The Student Room Group

Telling someone your done with slow replies

Is this justifiable?
Find it so annoying, so is it okay to say you can’t be bothered with their slow replies? Or is this rude?
It’s really rude and immature.
Depends who they are. If it’s someone close to you maybe say something politely but if you don’t know them very well then just leave it
Reply 3
Original post by wasted100
It’s really rude and immature.

What the slow replies? 😂

Or calling them out on it? 😅
Reply 4
Original post by Anonymous
Depends who they are. If it’s someone close to you maybe say something politely but if you don’t know them very well then just leave it

Yeah kind of. Like they know what they are doing, and it’s the disadvantage of social media but I can see them online all the time. So they are straight up ignoring messages and find it incredibly rude, just can’t be dealing with jr 😂
Reply 5
Original post by Anonymous
Yeah kind of. Like they know what they are doing, and it’s the disadvantage of social media but I can see them online all the time. So they are straight up ignoring messages and find it incredibly rude, just can’t be dealing with jr 😂

Maybe they are doing something else eg working or not feeling sociable.
Reply 6
Yeah like a day, when they’ve always replied quickly before. And they are replying to other people, so it’s blatant ignoring.

And as far as I’m aware I’ve done nothing wrong at all, we’ve had no arguments or anything.

I don’t know what to do. I don’t want to show I’m bothered, but deep down it’s really pissed me off
Ppl don't communicate on social media on ur schedule... they do so on theirs. There r a million reasons irl y we don't always communicate the same way each day, nor do difft ppl have the same habits and xpectations.

Think about it like this... if ur parents were on socials all day and could see ur activity, do u think they would feel the same way? LIke, our kid is always online but only calls once a week/twice a month watever?!

Master rarely writes me but when he does he writes for real not that one-line bs how r u or hows ur day with zero content. I hate that type of comm coz it requires a response - xactly as u are characterizing - and delivers me zero. Maybe I'm busy or on a date or hookup and I'll write later lol!

I rlly don't want socials introducing this level of tension and constant comms overhead into my life.
Reply 8
Original post by candydiva
Ppl don't communicate on social media on ur schedule... they do so on theirs. There r a million reasons irl y we don't always communicate the same way each day, nor do difft ppl have the same habits and xpectations.

Think about it like this... if ur parents were on socials all day and could see ur activity, do u think they would feel the same way? LIke, our kid is always online but only calls once a week/twice a month watever?!

Master rarely writes me but when he does he writes for real not that one-line bs how r u or hows ur day with zero content. I hate that type of comm coz it requires a response - xactly as u are characterizing - and delivers me zero. Maybe I'm busy or on a date or hookup and I'll write later lol!

I rlly don't want socials introducing this level of tension and constant comms overhead into my life.

thank you, didn't even think about it like this, you've made some really valid points

Quick Reply

Latest