The Student Room Group

2021 Oxford PGCE

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
Original post by nhudd123
Congratulations!! What subject?😀 I’ve applied for New College

Thank you! Congrats to you too :biggrin: I've applied for English. I don't know which one to apply for.. What made you decide on New?
Original post by okr5
Thank you! Congrats to you too :biggrin: I've applied for English. I don't know which one to apply for.. What made you decide on New?

It’s such a hard decision because there are so many colleges! It was a toss us between a few. The information pack on colleges that they sent you really helped me😀 the location, the buildings within the college and support that they have
I got an offer for biology yesterday and had my interview on the 2nd! A college with a high rate of other pgce students would be good as I know some accept more than others and would be good to have that support network! There’s too many to choose from
Original post by Bebbytresidder
I got an offer for biology yesterday and had my interview on the 2nd! A college with a high rate of other pgce students would be good as I know some accept more than others and would be good to have that support network! There’s too many to choose from

Congratulations😀😀😀
Reply 24
Original post by nhudd123
It’s such a hard decision because there are so many colleges! It was a toss us between a few. The information pack on colleges that they sent you really helped me😀 the location, the buildings within the college and support that they have

I think I've decided to go for New College as well! It looks so lovely and seems to have the best of everything. Have you got your Canvas log-in yet? I haven't got mine so wondering whether I should just email my college choice form to Matt.
Reply 25

Congratulations :biggrin: Yeah, the number of PGCE students is definitely a big factor in my decision :smile: I made a shortlist of 4 which really helped and then went from there. Such a hard decision!
Original post by okr5
I think I've decided to go for New College as well! It looks so lovely and seems to have the best of everything. Have you got your Canvas log-in yet? I haven't got mine so wondering whether I should just email my college choice form to Matt.

I had all of my canvas details send to me... definitely chase that up with Matt! Congratulations on your offer😀
Hi I have applied to PGCe History at Oxford and received an interview. I don’t have the best grades and am likely to get a low 2:1 fro Queen Mary University London. What are my chances of getting an offer😭😂
Reply 28
Original post by Smilingstudent99
Hi I have applied to PGCe History at Oxford and received an interview. I don’t have the best grades and am likely to get a low 2:1 fro Queen Mary University London. What are my chances of getting an offer😭😂

As good as anyone else's. You got to interview. No mean feat.
Reply 29

My college only has 4 and it hasn't made any difference at all. you get to know your cohort so well that the support network is there via the PGCE bunch anyway. College is a formality for most on the PGCE because you probably won't spend much time in there. I only go into ours to collect my mail.
Reply 30
Has anyone heard back from any colleges yet?
I just got an offer for PGCE history ☺️ I can’t wait for next year! I haven’t decided on a college yet though
Reply 32
Original post by GemRidley
I just got an offer for PGCE history ☺️ I can’t wait for next year! I haven’t decided on a college yet though

Congratulations!! 🎉
Reply 33
I didn’t get into New College :frown: I imagine it’s because I don’t need accommodation and they guarantee it. But I’ve asked to apply for St. Peter’s instead, which I am really happy with! Has anyone else heard from colleges?
Original post by okr
I didn’t get into New College :frown: I imagine it’s because I don’t need accommodation and they guarantee it. But I’ve asked to apply for St. Peter’s instead, which I am really happy with! Has anyone else heard from colleges?

Oh no! St. Peter’s is still really nice and closer to the restaurants and shopping centre so that will be nice! How long did it take for them to reply to you?
Reply 35
Original post by GemRidley
Oh no! St. Peter’s is still really nice and closer to the restaurants and shopping centre so that will be nice! How long did it take for them to reply to you?

I applied to New in mid-December so it took about 12 weeks, but I guess there was also the Christmas holidays included in that which I don’t think counts. So around 8 weeks? Matt has said that I should expect to hear back from St. Peter’s in 8-10 weeks so I think that’s the timeline 😁
Hi all, I'm afraid for safety and privacy reasons TSR doesn't allow advertising of group chats on other platforms. As hopeful future teachers I won't need to go into detail about the importance of privacy, online safety and (ultimately) safeguarding.

I've put some further details about TSR and sharing social media in the spoiler below. If you have any questions please post them here.

Spoiler

(edited 3 years ago)

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending