The Student Room Group

Should I break up?

Hey guys,
I asked my boyfriend yesterday if he had any conversation with my ex. (My ex raped, humiliated and harassed me and was extremely narcissistic to me).
He said that yes, he (my boyfriend) reacted to his Instagram story. It drove me really mad at him. For me, it was clear since the beginning that even though they (my ex and boyfriend) were friends for a long time, after all that my ex had done to me, my boyfriend wouldn’t go talk to him/nor have any type of conversation.

My boyfriend told me that he never new my ex the way he acted out with me. However, he was the organiser of the party where my ex humiliated and harassed me. Actually, my boyfriend was the one telling him to leave because of his behaviour.

I don’t understand why he is still talking to him. I understand that they were friends but as a girlfriend, I come before him, right ?

The situation with my ex went really bad this year and I almost went to the police to give him a restraining order.
I don’t know what I should say or do to my boyfriend to make him understand how bad my ex was to me and the actions that he did. My ex should be in prison for the things he has done...

My boyfriend is telling me that he is sorry because he reacted to his story and had a conversation with him. I don’t feel like I can forgive him. I wanted not to involve my ex in my couple and my boyfriend knew that, but still let him in.

The worst is that he didn’t even tell me until I asked him today. He had the conversation with my ex on October the 23rd..

What do you think about this situation ?
talk to your boyfriend! explain how you feel and ask him to cut contact with your ex. if he refuses then yes, maybe it is best to break up. but give home a chance! he may not realise the severity of the situation. just have a calm conversation with him and explain all this.
Reply 2
Original post by baby.bear
talk to your boyfriend! explain how you feel and ask him to cut contact with your ex. if he refuses then yes, maybe it is best to break up. but give home a chance! he may not realise the severity of the situation. just have a calm conversation with him and explain all this.

That is exactly what I did last night. But he didn’t seem to understand the gravity of my ex’s actions and it just drives me crazy. He belittles his actions and makes me feel like I’m overreacting
Original post by Anonymous
That is exactly what I did last night. But he didn’t seem to understand the gravity of my ex’s actions and it just drives me crazy. He belittles his actions and makes me feel like I’m overreacting

the fact you said he doesn’t understand the gravity of your ex’s actions.... sorry but even if he doesn’t ‘understand’ he should still see the upset and frustration you are dealing with because of your ex and he should stop talking to him!! its not about what your ex did that he has to think about, it’s about YOU he should prioritise and care how you feel. you have clearly explained to him you are not comfortable and him making excuses is a huge red flag. if i were you i would break up

he doesnt understand the gravity of rape? bin him.
Reply 5
Original post by MadameRazz

He tells me that he does, but I can feel he just doesn’t get it.. he always says that he didn’t know my ex the way I describe him, but he believes me as he saw him irl harassing and humiliating me. Still after one year that our relationship ended...

if he doesn’t understand the severity of what your ex did, he’s not mature enough to be in a relationship. if he refuses to see what your ex did as unacceptable, break up with him. that is a major red flag!!
Reply 7
Hey guys,
I asked my boyfriend yesterday if he had any conversation with my ex. (My ex raped, humiliated and harassed me and was extremely narcissistic to me).
He said that yes, he (my boyfriend) reacted to his Instagram story. It drove me really mad at him. For me, it was clear since the beginning that even though they (my ex and boyfriend) were friends for a long time, after all that my ex had done to me, my boyfriend wouldn’t go talk to him/nor have any type of conversation.

My boyfriend told me that he never new my ex the way he acted out with me. However, he was the organiser of the party where my ex humiliated and harassed me. Actually, my boyfriend was the one telling him to leave because of his behaviour.

I don’t understand why he is still talking to him. I understand that they were friends but as a girlfriend, I come before him, right ?

The situation with my ex went really bad this year and I almost went to the police to give him a restraining order.
I don’t know what I should say or do to my boyfriend to make him understand how bad my ex was to me and the actions that he did. My ex should be in prison for the things he has done...

My boyfriend is telling me that he is sorry because he reacted to his story and had a conversation with him. I don’t feel like I can forgive him. I wanted not to involve my ex in my couple and my boyfriend knew that, but still let him in.

The worst is that he didn’t even tell me until I asked him today. He had the conversation with my ex on October the 23rd..

What do you think about this situation ?

give him a chance, some men dont always understand the gravity of rape. you have to show ur complete emotions about that night. don't break up just because he's still friends with ur ex. its immature but give him a chance. maybe he actually doesn't understand
Original post by MadameRazz

lmaoo i love this
if he doesn’t understand the severity of what your ex did, he’s not mature enough to be in a relationship. if he refuses to see what your ex did as unacceptable, break up with him. that is a major red flag!!

after a chance tho.
Original post by t :)
after a chance tho.

he’s been given chances it seems. if he still continues to converse with a rapist, i would greatly encourage OP to leave him.
Reply 9
he’s been given chances it seems. if he still continues to converse with a rapist, i would greatly encourage OP to leave him.

yeah, okay, dump the jerk.
Yes you do come before your ex to your boyfriend.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending