lsolomon142
Badges: 5
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
How did everyone find it?
Destinexx
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
That was the worst paper I have ever done in my entire life. Section 2 chemistry I am talking about specifically. I kinda doubt I'll be even invited to an interview (tbf section 1 was alright I guess ) ☹️☹️☹️☹️
thisaccount
Badges: 10
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Section 1 chemistry was alright, only missed out one question.
Section 1 maths was ok but really really time consuming and I missed out three questions - I found it much more time consuming than all practise papers.
Section 2 chemistry - this broke me! It was so hard, I left 3 questions and guessed a lot others.
Destinexx
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by thisaccount)
Section 1 chemistry was alright, only missed out one question.
Section 1 maths was ok but really really time consuming and I missed out three questions - I found it much more time consuming than all practise papers.
Section 2 chemistry - this broke me! It was so hard, I left 3 questions and guessed a lot others.
Did the exact same as you. Except I left a lot more q on section 2
concep0801
Badges: 2
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Section 1 maths and physics was okay but tight on time. Section 2 physics was a pretty big difficulty increase. Was definitely a tough paper.
Ssssabella
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I did section 1 maths and biology. I was really behind on time in the maths ended up guessing at least 5 and biology were long questions like not necessarily hard but time consuming considering the added stress I feel like I made a lot of mistakes where I shouldn’t have. I did section 2 chemistry and it was horrible I feel like they absolutely underestimated the time it would take to sit that and there parts of it that I’d never seen in practice papers or anywhere really... hopefully I wasn’t the only one
FJKAHF21
Badges: 9
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Ssssabella)
I did section 1 maths and biology. I was really behind on time in the maths ended up guessing at least 5 and biology were long questions like not necessarily hard but time consuming considering the added stress I feel like I made a lot of mistakes where I shouldn’t have. I did section 2 chemistry and it was horrible I feel like they absolutely underestimated the time it would take to sit that and there parts of it that I’d never seen in practice papers or anywhere really... hopefully I wasn’t the only one
Same here, I spent too long on Biology, had to guest 10 questions.

I felt like Biology section 2 was a bit easier, but I don't know for sure.
username5464828
Badges: 3
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
section 1, doing phy + math was extremely time constrained..... i guessed i think 2 phy questions ... but ig the phy section 1 was more difficult than previous years
Section 2 physics was kinda fine...not to baaad...
interstellxxr
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I didn’t even have time to do the physics part in section 1, not even any time to guess.. I’m so f*cked
avacados1
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Section 1 maths was fairly decent
Section 1 chemistry was ok ish- skipped a few
Section 2 chemistry - defo my worst bit, guessed quite a few and feel so disappointed cos I could have done quite a few more of them but I just kept on messing the maths up again and again
Destinexx
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I prepared for the test and came away feeling rlly bad, I feel rlly stupid atm because despite all the work I put in I still f*d up
interstellxxr
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Destinexx)
I prepared for the test and came away feeling rlly bad, I feel rlly stupid atm because despite all the work I put in I still f*d up
Me too.. I spent my holidays (I’m in France so I just had 2 weeks) completely working like crazy and many subjects I learnt by myself because we didn’t study them at school. I failed the test, I’m so gutted I think I might top myself
aidanjaya
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Destinexx)
isnt it the same for us all lol?
-Chenny-
Badges: 8
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
section 1 maths was meh , guessed about 5
Section 1 bio was decent , guessed like 2
Section 2 bio was alright as well
It’s just the time, like the questions aren’t even hard but you have to do it so fast
lsolomon142
Badges: 5
Rep:
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
(Original post by interstellxxr)
I didn’t even have time to do the physics part in section 1, not even any time to guess.. I’m so f*cked
yeah its pretty tough on timing
how did you find section 2 ?
I thought it was insanely hard personally lol
vyper47
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I'll probably score an average of 12/13 out of 20 in the sections. Did chemistry in both sections. DAMN, the 2020 specification was really time consuming! Past papers were nothing compared to this. Math was tedious. I would've appreciated the large descriptive questions as in previous years. MCQs fricked me for real

Section 1 was too jammed. Section 2 was kinda relaxed, but some questions had some really weird topics. I expected some more organic chem (the one I'm naturally great at), but alas TEDIOUS TEDIOUS TEDIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assuming that I get around 50% correct, do I stand a realistic chance at getting an interview?
vyper47
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I underestimated the test too much from past papers. This was freakin super duper fricked up. I'm already bad at MCQs - and then this. I have my A Level physics and chem paper 1s (MCQs) some days later MCQs will haunt me for the rest of my life
avacados1
Badges: 17
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by vyper47)
I'll probably score an average of 12/13 out of 20 in the sections. Did chemistry in both sections. DAMN, the 2020 specification was really time consuming! Past papers were nothing compared to this. Math was tedious. I would've appreciated the large descriptive questions as in previous years. MCQs fricked me for real

Section 1 was too jammed. Section 2 was kinda relaxed, but some questions had some really weird topics. I expected some more organic chem (the one I'm naturally great at), but alas TEDIOUS TEDIOUS TEDIOUS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Assuming that I get around 50% correct, do I stand a realistic chance at getting an interview?
Im sure you would as long as everything else so far is fine.
aidanjaya
Badges: 4
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by lsolomon142)
yeah its pretty tough on timing
how did you find section 2 ?
I thought it was insanely hard personally lol
I did physics, found i was so mentally tired i couldnt think through the problems properly... guessed wayy to many
username2727276
Badges: 11
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
section 1 was alright, found the maths a little easier than usual but chemistry was pretty much like the past papers in terms of difficulty. section 2 chemistry was spawned from hell it seems, I wish they kept the old format as that always was my better section by far
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.54%
Okay (113)
29.12%
A bit lacking (147)
37.89%
Not good at all (91)
23.45%

Watched Threads