The Student Room Group

MET Detective Constable Applicants 2020

Thought I should open up a new thread since the 2020 applications have just opened I think a few days ago!

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
Original post by danyval
Thought I should open up a new thread since the 2020 applications have just opened I think a few days ago!

Just submitted my application. It says they will be in touch within a week or so regarding the next stage.
Reply 2
Just submitted my Application aswell. They said they would be in touch.

They said theres 2,000 spots.

I've previously applied for Special Constable and passed assessment centre etc but couldn't continue cause of Uni lol I hope that doesn't have an impact.
Reply 3
I applied over a week ago now and still haven't heard back :frown:

2,000 spots is crazy though, but at the same time I don't know how many applicants they get so.

If anything it'll have a good impact that you passed it, I wouldn't worry!

Original post by Hurbad
Just submitted my Application aswell. They said they would be in touch.

They said theres 2,000 spots.

I've previously applied for Special Constable and passed assessment centre etc but couldn't continue cause of Uni lol I hope that doesn't have an impact.
Reply 4
Im not sure if this is relevant but on the other mega thread. Someone said that they will be starting intakes in January for those who applied last year and finished their vetting process. 150 each month. Hopefully our process isn't as long and doesn't take more than a year.
Reply 5
Actual message

"As an update, managed to finally speak to someone in recruitment who knew what was going on in vetting. Apparently there's something of a backlog of people in a similar spot to me waiting to have their DC Vetting completed, and these are all likely to be done by Christmas. Insofar as what happens after that, they're still waiting, but the idea being thrown around appears to be intakes restarting on the last Monday of January, then on a rolling basis every month. The usual intake would be about 300 or so, but due to COVID, it's likely to be closer to 150 places a month. No word as yet on how these places are to be allocated. Still, was nice to actually get some news!"
Reply 6
Yeah, I know a person who applied to the DC pathway a few years ago and they had to wait over a year to actually start. But this means there won't be intake for 2020 applicants till at least summer next year? I'm hopeful because they've opened up 2000 vacancies meaning they've accounted for all the successful applicants from last year, and they're still short lol.

Update from me - I got an email from the detective inspector, saying I made it through to the police constable online assessment (this hasn't shown up on the portal yet). They also provided a link for a 6 hour optional workshop to get ready for the assessment. It looked kind of like phish-y at first, since the subject was only "Congratulations" and the email address isn't from a recruitment team; has anyone else received this email?

Edit: I've digged a bit and the workshop is legit, but the email doesn't show up in the "communications" tab. I'll update again when the next stage shows up in the portal!
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 7
Original post by danyval
Yeah, I know a person who applied to the DC pathway a few years ago and they had to wait over a year to actually start. But this means there won't be intake for 2020 applicants till at least summer next year? I'm hopeful because they've opened up 2000 vacancies meaning they've accounted for all the successful applicants from last year, and they're still short lol.

Update from me - I got an email from the detective inspector, saying I made it through to the police constable online assessment (this hasn't shown up on the portal yet). They also provided a link for a 6 hour optional workshop to get ready for the assessment. It looked kind of like phish-y at first, since the subject was only "Congratulations" and the email address isn't from a recruitment team; has anyone else received this email?

Edit: I've digged a bit and the workshop is legit, but the email doesn't show up in the "communications" tab. I'll update again when the next stage shows up in the portal!

Yes just received the same email which was siting in the junk folder. Going to book a slot for the workshop.
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 8
Ok cool!:smile: Yeah I booked one for tomorrow. I'm assuming it's a drop-in session if it's 6 hours long haha
Reply 9
Original post by danyval
Ok cool!:smile: Yeah I booked one for tomorrow. I'm assuming it's a drop-in session if it's 6 hours long haha

I have also booked for tomorrow 4-10pm, just realized there is some preparation to do beforehand. I will see if I can prepare for what they are asking otherwise have to change the date.
Hey, how did you find the induction day? I’ve booked mine for Thursday and have just scoured through the workbook and the exercises, did you prepare the answers prior or do you work through the activities during the day? Thanks :smile:
Hey, how did you find the induction day? I’ve booked mine for Thursday and have just scoured through the workbook and the exercises, did you prepare the answers prior or do you work through the activities during the day? Thanks :smile:
Original post by danyval

Hi there, when did you exactly apply? I did on 07/11 and not had anything with any workshops yet. :frown:
Original post by bil99
I have also booked for tomorrow 4-10pm, just realized there is some preparation to do beforehand. I will see if I can prepare for what they are asking otherwise have to change the date.

Hey, when did you apply? I did on 07/11 and not heard anything back yet!
Reply 14
Original post by PizzaIsMyLife
Hey, when did you apply? I did on 07/11 and not heard anything back yet!

Hi, my timeline so far is :

Applied : 08/11
Received the workshop email for preparation :13/11 (check your junk email for the subject line "congratulations")
link received to register for the online assessment :16/11 (No link for the assessment received yet)
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 15
Original post by Florindawebster

Hi, I have rescheduled it for this Sunday. I would try to prepare in advance.
Original post by bil99
Hi, my timeline so far is :

Applied : 08/11
Received the workshop email for preparation :13/11 (check your junk email for the subject line "congratulations")
link received to register for the online assessment :16/11 (No link for the assessment received yet)

No nothing on my end either for any workshops or to register for assessment. All I had was last week to say that the London Residency criteria will not apply to me as I live 30 mins by train to get there. Hope I get something soon otherwise I'll e-mail / go on the chat thing to ask.
I’m in the same position- have only had this email and I applied on the 10/11.
Does anyone know the timeline from application to starting? I'm aware in the past this has been incredibly drawn out, but it's unclear whether this will still be the case.
Original post by SophieLJ21
Does anyone know the timeline from application to starting? I'm aware in the past this has been incredibly drawn out, but it's unclear whether this will still be the case.

I've heard that is now well over a year.

Quick Reply