The Student Room Group

MET Detective Constable Applicants 2020

Scroll to see replies

Original post by hra_12
Congrats that’s great news!😄 Did they call in the evening?

Omg so late, 8.30pm. I didn’t even answer cos was no caller ID and they didn’t even leave a voicemail. I just got an email few minutes later asking to call as a matter of urgency so called back 😊
Original post by Sekhmet89
Omg so late, 8.30pm. I didn’t even answer cos was no caller ID and they didn’t even leave a voicemail. I just got an email few minutes later asking to call as a matter of urgency so called back 😊

Oh wow, congratulations! You must be so relieved, we was only talking about this the other day 😅 when was your screening again? I remember we had the same results for the assessments!
Original post by taylorecgadd
Oh wow, congratulations! You must be so relieved, we was only talking about this the other day 😅 when was your screening again? I remember we had the same results for the assessments!

It is a relief just to have some certainty and a flag in the diary (I’ve been furloughed for ten months and now redundant for two so it’s LITERALLY a year since I worked at all 😂)

Yes, my average worked out at 64% for the day one assessment if that helps. My fitness/medical was 7 feb. I completed vetting on 17 March. Hope that helps and hope you all join me soon! 😊👍🏼🤞🏼
After spending all day talking with you guys about start dates I’ve just had a call!! And am starting 7 June 😃👍🏼

It is a relief just to have some certainty and a flag in the diary (I’ve been furloughed for ten months and now redundant for two so it’s LITERALLY a year since I worked at all 😂)

Yes, my average worked out at 64% for the day one assessment if that helps. My fitness/medical was 7 feb. I completed vetting on 17 March. Hope that helps and hope you all join me soon! 😊👍🏼

That’s great news, congratulations! I too have been unemployed since Covid started so I feel your relief.

Yes, my average worked out at 64% for the day one assessment if that helps. My fitness/medical was 7 feb. I completed vetting on 17 March. Hope that helps and hope you all join me soon! 😊👍🏼🤞🏼

I can imagine! Sorry to hear that, I’ve been furloughed too for the past year and cannot wait to start something new 🙌🏼 at least you’ve had your offer now and have it to look forward to, it’s not long now! ah I did mine on the 16th of feb so hopefully not long now. Which BSUs have you been offered?
I can imagine! Sorry to hear that, I’ve been furloughed too for the past year and cannot wait to start something new 🙌🏼 at least you’ve had your offer now and have it to look forward to, it’s not long now! ah I did mine on the 16th of feb so hopefully not long now. Which BSUs have you been offered?

I’ve not noticed anything about that yet - I’ve been told most of the info comes a month before I start (including university info etc) so will probably have to get back to you guys about that. That said, there are like 7 attachments to this email that I’m going to go through tomorrow so will let you know if there’s anything interesting like that or if it’s just boring admin stuff ☺️
Original post by Babyyodaa
Unfortunately not, I’ve had a look through the chat portal (no luck). Hopefully someone can shed some more light...

It depends on the unit you're in, but in general TDCs do really nuts and unstable hours. On paper it will probably say M-F 0800-1600, but in reality turn out to be something ridiculous like 7on 2off - 9on 3off - 4on 2off and so on. On the plus side, you make loads of money, but it's definitely something for the young person without family responsibility.
Reply 587

That’s great you have a date in mind now to look forward to! I was furloughed in the first half of the year too. At least things are looking up now! Good luck with it all 😄
I’ve not noticed anything about that yet - I’ve been told most of the info comes a month before I start (including university info etc) so will probably have to get back to you guys about that. That said, there are like 7 attachments to this email that I’m going to go through tomorrow so will let you know if there’s anything interesting like that or if it’s just boring admin stuff ☺️

Oh really!? Yes please do let us all know as I’m curious to find out more and it would be good to be prepared! Thank you and congrats again 😊
After spending all day talking with you guys about start dates I’ve just had a call!! And am starting 7 June 😃👍🏼

See you there!
Original post by Msmarple99
See you there!

Super excited!
Oh really!? Yes please do let us all know as I’m curious to find out more and it would be good to be prepared! Thank you and congrats again 😊

So the docs aren’t that exciting, apart from the one where I choose (again) which BCUs I would like to work in. Apart from that there was the business interest form (for the third time lol), a form about measuring self for uniform and booking an appointment, a letter about covid stuff, a referee form and an equal opportunities form!
Original post by Trinculo
It depends on the unit you're in, but in general TDCs do really nuts and unstable hours. On paper it will probably say M-F 0800-1600, but in reality turn out to be something ridiculous like 7on 2off - 9on 3off - 4on 2off and so on. On the plus side, you make loads of money, but it's definitely something for the young person without family responsibility.

Are you a police officer?
Super excited!

Yeah me too
Reply 594
Everyone here seems to be far ahead of me!

I just got through to the verbal reasoning test! - anyone have tips on this/knowledge of the pass rate?
Are you a police officer?

Yes
Reply 596
New poster here. I passed my day 2 back in Feb. I got offered some dates for medical but couldn’t attend because of work. I was told that new dates would be posted soon. That was a couple of weeks ago. Had anyone seen medical dates been put up in the last couple of weeks?
Original post by Lolalee
Congratulations! You must be relieved to finally get a date.

Thank you! yes absolutely, it’s been a long process
Congrats!! When did you do your vetting? And also if you don’t mind me asking, what were your day 1 assessment results?

Hi, so my vetting started after my fitness test, because of Covid assessments got delayed, so they said they’ll start the vetting process. I did my Day1 around 2 years ago, so we didn’t get any assessment results.
Oh brilliant, I’m starting 7 June. Did you get one of your preferred BCUs? Are they still requiring the Blackstone’s book to be read prior to starting, I know that used to be a thing? Also, how long after the offer did you get the appointment for uniform fitting? I sent the form straight off a couple of weeks ago but not had a reply yet

I got my second choice BCU, however, in the welcome pack they did say it isn’t confirmed. They are requiring the latest blacks Tom book, but you don’t have to read it prior to starting. So as soon I got my offer email, I sent the form and I waited a couple of weeks to receive my uniform date, almost a month.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending