keyonasante
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I got offers from both Nottingham and Kent for Law and i wanted to know which would be better in terms of the academics and life in general
Uni2016
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by keyonasante)
I got offers from both Nottingham and Kent for Law and i wanted to know which would be better in terms of the academics and life in general
Congrats on your offers!
May I ask when you received your notts offer and when you applied?
I applied on the 29/09 and still nothing 🙄
ROTL94
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Nottingham would be the natural choice.
keyonasante
Rep:
?
(Original post by Uni2016)
Congrats on your offers!
May I ask when you received your notts offer and when you applied?
I applied on the 29/09 and still nothing 🙄
Thank you! I applied in early October and got a response yesterday x
keyonasante
Rep:
?
(Original post by ROTL94)
Nottingham would be the natural choice.
Alright thank you!
Laurence00
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Notts for sure
Uni2016
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Thank you! I applied in early October and got a response yesterday x
I bet you done really well on your LNAT!
And for an answer to your question as the others have stated Nottingham for law is a no brainer x
yardbirdsuite
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Wow lucky, I applied both and I'm waiting on Notts!
Nottingham is definitely better - not only is it a russell group, but they're also higher in the Law league table for universities.
Also, Nottingham can be very selective with their offers because of LNAT scores etc, so that means you must've really impressed them!
In terms of social life, Nottingham is also superior - it's known to have a great nightlife according to my friend who graduated there.
Congratulations though!
StudentRep Canterbury
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Congratulations on getting into two very good universities. I agree that it is important as a student to make your final decision based on the quality of the education alongside a well balanced social life too. At Kent Law School at the University of Kent, you are guaranteed an outstanding quality of teaching as Kent is continuously rising in the league tables. Earlier this year, Kent Law School was ranked 16th out of 101 UK law schools in The Guardian University Guide’s for law and The Law School has an excellent global reputation for law – ranked 58th in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019. They are also awarded a gold, the highest rating, in the UK Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework. As well as, this Uni of Kent is one of the few universities that has it's very own Law Clinic for their Law School, which means not only are you supervised by Law Clinic solicitors but you will also be able to gain experience on how to apply your learning to real-life cases by working in the Law Clinic on campus. Lastly, 94%
of final-year law students responded to a survey saying they were satisfied with the quality of their course, which must mean Kent Law School is doing something right for their students.

But campus is not limited to just academics there is so many things to get up to: you can indulge in Kent Sport where the gym is free for first years and undergraduates who live on campus, we also have The Venue which is our very own night club on campus and if you just want a relaxed but fun activity we have a cinema on campus too! The most important thing is that you choose a university that you will feel the most happy in, good luck on making your decision!
keyonasante
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by StudentRep Canterbury)
Congratulations on getting into two very good universities. I agree that it is important as a student to make your final decision based on the quality of the education alongside a well balanced social life too. At Kent Law School at the University of Kent, you are guaranteed an outstanding quality of teaching as Kent is continuously rising in the league tables. Earlier this year, Kent Law School was ranked 16th out of 101 UK law schools in The Guardian University Guide’s for law and The Law School has an excellent global reputation for law – ranked 58th in the Times Higher Education World University Rankings 2019. They are also awarded a gold, the highest rating, in the UK Government’s Teaching Excellence Framework. As well as, this Uni of Kent is one of the few universities that has it's very own Law Clinic for their Law School, which means not only are you supervised by Law Clinic solicitors but you will also be able to gain experience on how to apply your learning to real-life cases by working in the Law Clinic on campus. Lastly, 94%
of final-year law students responded to a survey saying they were satisfied with the quality of their course, which must mean Kent Law School is doing something right for their students.

But campus is not limited to just academics there is so many things to get up to: you can indulge in Kent Sport where the gym is free for first years and undergraduates who live on campus, we also have The Venue which is our very own night club on campus and if you just want a relaxed but fun activity we have a cinema on campus too! The most important thing is that you choose a university that you will feel the most happy in, good luck on making your decision!
Thank you so much for the information!
(Original post by yardbirdsuite)
Wow lucky, I applied both and I'm waiting on Notts!
Nottingham is definitely better - not only is it a russell group, but they're also higher in the Law league table for universities.
Also, Nottingham can be very selective with their offers because of LNAT scores etc, so that means you must've really impressed them!
In terms of social life, Nottingham is also superior - it's known to have a great nightlife according to my friend who graduated there.
Congratulations though!
Thank you!
keyonasante
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 8 months ago
(Original post by Uni2016)
I bet you done really well on your LNAT!
And for an answer to your question as the others have stated Nottingham for law is a no brainer x
Thank you!
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (21)
14.69%
I need help researching courses (8)
5.59%
I need help with filling out the application form (7)
4.9%
I need help with my personal statement (58)
40.56%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (36)
25.17%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (3)
2.1%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (10)
6.99%

Watched Threads