?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
Are there Any universities that do offers for biomedical science at BBB OR BBC
Hopellaxx
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
my friend is currently studying biomedical sciences at the University of south Wales if that helps
Beecar98
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Have you looked at course pages for universities you like the look of? I’m sure quite a few might have entry requirements of that.

I was accepted onto Biomed at Portsmouth Uni with BCC (this was 3 years ago though), so there will be unis out there that have entry requirements like that (for information, the website for my uni states entry requirements of BBB-AAB)
f.ga010301
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Raquia)
Hey, I am a biomedical science student at London met uni.

The entry requirements for the course are a minimum of 112 points from 3 A levels including a C in Biology or Human Biology and at least one other science subject from Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, or Psychology, or a minimum of 112 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification.

However, if for any reason you cannot meet these requirements you can join the biomedical science course that has a foundation year included. the entry requirements for that course is at least one A level (or a minimum of 32 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC Subsidiary/National/BTEC Extended Diploma), English Language and Mathematics GCSEs at grade C (grade 4) or above (or equivalent eg Functional Skills at Level 2). If you meet the UCAS points criteria but have obtained a D (grade 3) in English and/or Maths at GCSE you may be offered a University test in these areas.

At London met, the Biomed course is accredited which is great if you want to work for the NHS after your degree. It has a 95% overall student satisfaction and personally, I think the course is of high quality. I did a foundation year and have just entered the first year of the Biomed course. I have to say that the level of support is great and the uni has a very friendly community. if you would like more info about the course I definitely suggest visiting the course webpage and if you have any more questions please do ask! I hope this helps.
unbiasedatom
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I know Salford University asks for 112 UCAS tariff points, which equates to BBC.
baby.bear
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
a friend of mine studies biomed at Cardiff Met! i think they ask for lower entry requirements!!
Raquia
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
(Original post by f.ga010301)
Hey, I am a biomedical science student at London met uni.

The entry requirements for the course are a minimum of 112 points from 3 A levels including a C in Biology or Human Biology and at least one other science subject from Chemistry, Physics, Mathematics, or Psychology, or a minimum of 112 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification.

However, if for any reason you cannot meet these requirements you can join the biomedical science course that has a foundation year included. the entry requirements for that course is at least one A level (or a minimum of 32 UCAS points from an equivalent Level 3 qualification, eg BTEC Subsidiary/National/BTEC Extended Diploma), English Language and Mathematics GCSEs at grade C (grade 4) or above (or equivalent eg Functional Skills at Level 2). If you meet the UCAS points criteria but have obtained a D (grade 3) in English and/or Maths at GCSE you may be offered a University test in these areas.

At London met, the Biomed course is accredited which is great if you want to work for the NHS after your degree. It has a 95% overall student satisfaction and personally, I think the course is of high quality. I did a foundation year and have just entered the first year of the Biomed course. I have to say that the level of support is great and the uni has a very friendly community. if you would like more info about the course I definitely suggest visiting the course webpage and if you have any more questions please do ask! I hope this helps.
thank you so much
Raquia
Badges: 3
Rep:
?
(Original post by Beecar98)
Have you looked at course pages for universities you like the look of? I’m sure quite a few might have entry requirements of that.

I was accepted onto Biomed at Portsmouth Uni with BCC (this was 3 years ago though), so there will be unis out there that have entry requirements like that (for information, the website for my uni states entry requirements of BBB-AAB)
thank you and a lot of people say doing biomedical sciences can leave you without a secured job do you think this is true
UniofReading
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hey Raquia

Reading University have a Biomedical Sciences course and a typical offer is BBB. You can have a look at the course overview here: https://www.reading.ac.uk/ready-to-s...-sciences.aspx
But from personal experience the Biology school at Reading is fantastic, with quality teaching and lab work.

If you'd like to talk to a current Biomed student about their experience you can talk to Lily here: https://www.reading.ac.uk/about/chat...-students.aspx

If there is anything I might be able to answer then please do let me know!
Zoe
Second year Biological Sciences and Student ambassador
Uni of Hull Students
Badges: 13
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi RaquiaWe offer Biomedical Science here at Hull. our entry requirements for this course are 112 UCAS Points (BBC).

Our Biomedical Science course is accredited by the Institute of Biomedical Science. Further information about our course can be found on our website - https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/undergr...ience-bsc-hons

If you would like to find out more information as to what it is like to study biomedical science at Hull, we have our student ambassadors Charlotte and Aimee who you can chat to and ask questions about their experience of studying biomed via our ask a student page - https://www.hull.ac.uk/study/ask-a-student

We also have a virtual open day coming up, which you discover further information about our course, and ask our staff any questions which you may have - https://www.hull.ac.uk/choose-hull/s...t-us/open-days

Emily
University of Hull Student Representative
JaeOfJotunheim
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Staffordshire and De Montfort
Staffordshire University
Badges: 17
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Hi Raquia

As JaeOfJotunheim mentioned we offer a BSc (Hons) Biomedical Science degree - and the entry requirements for this degree are 112 UCAS points, or BBC at A-Level, including a minimum of a C grade in Biology.

You can find more info about this degree here, but please give me a shout if you have any specific questions we can help with

Thanks

Amy
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

If you don't put your camera on in online lessons, why is that?

My teacher doesn't want us to (8)
20.51%
No one else does (15)
38.46%
I'm embarrassed about my background (3)
7.69%
I feel self-conscious showing my face (11)
28.21%
We don't use a video platform (1)
2.56%
I don't have a camera (0)
0%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (1)
2.56%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed