The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 20
...and do question after question after question in the textbook, then go and do more questions from wherever you can find them, by the time the exam's come round, you'll be ready for more or less anything they can throw at you, and you'll also probably be a better mathematician. Maths isn't hard, it just requires more practice than other subjects.
Reply 21
you seriously do need to just practice. i messed up my a-level maths (i got an A* at GCSE, A at AS and then D as my overall A level grade...). my rubbish grade had a lot to do with me being really ill from about the october to about this time last year (got withdrawn from all january exams etc) and i never really caught up... i had all the notes but my teacher wasn't bothered if we never did exercises... so i never really understood the maths and messed up all my summer exams, wheras i got decent grades in my other subjects as they were much easier to catch up

i'm now doing maths modules as part of my course this year and we have 3 hours a week of just workshops/tutorials plus at leats 1 homework every week so it really forces you to do the work and i understand everything pretty well

lou xxx
Reply 22
people say that maths is indeed hard, but like many people say ts down to a lot of practice, like my old english teacher used to say "PRACTICE, PRACTICE, PRACTICE UNTIL IT IS YOUR PRACTISE"...

anyone planning to to maths at UNI, and waht are people planning to do at UNI?
Reply 23
I'm planning on doing Maths at Uni :smile: - or Maths with Philosophy, not sure which yet.
Reply 24
finding maths quite easy now except m1 vectors and worded s1 questions. :smile:
Reply 25
nas7232

Compare that with the first post you posted back in December :biggrin:

you must have worked hard, nice one!
nas7232

m1 vectors die die die die die

sorry just hate m1 vectors lol :p:
Reply 27