The Student Room Group

which 6th form should i go????

Hi!
I'm looking into LAE atm and I wanted to know more about the school- currently I go to a grammar school and tbh I'm only around average- the teachers mostly just focus on the smarter people and as everyone just seems to understand stuff they never really teach in detail as they assume we know everything and I did struggle quite a lot and I'm not confident- i have a few mental health issues that could affect my performance as well
My predicted grades atm are: 6 7s, 5 8s, and a 5 in french but that's because our teacher made all the grades in my class low and hopefully I'll get at least a 7 in GCSEs. With the teacher predicted grades, I'm pretty mad as they were quite low especially compared to many of my friends even though we perform basically the same in lessons and tests but apparently they're influenced by our yr 2 and 6 sats as well as other tests and I went to a primary school that had very low standards academic wise so wasn't as prepared as loads of people in the school- many come from private school or from London so have to get high results due to catchment. these grades aren't fab and I do have many grammar schools near me, I'm not sure whether a) I'll be able to get in and b) whether it's worth the travelling distance- I checked on maps and it says around 1 hour and 10 mins on train and I'm not sure whether that includes traffic- what time does school start? are there perhaps any accommodations there and what are the pricing if there are? are teachers strict? I've seen loads of good and comments on the school and tbh if the teachers, extra support, extracurricular and opportunities they inform you about is really good than I'd want to consider it, if I stand a chance
Im considering SHSB as its very close- does anyone know if its any good? are the teachers good? are they strict? what r the timings? do u get frees? can u go out ? do u have to pay for resources? do they give students lots of opportunities/extracurricular they can sign up to? whats the social aspects like in the schl?
these qs also apply to LAE, if anyone can respond id b so grateful!
I'm also pretty close to whsb but apparently they're rlly strict and I'm not sure if id like it at all, also if there are any other good 6th forms or even colleges in essex of SE London could u guys suggest them and give some info about it?

I'm currently considering taking maths and 3 of these subjects:

DT, geo, chem, physics and psychology but some schools don't have DT and i don't think I'm gonna do it anymore but I'm not too sure
i think ill drop one if i take 4, I'm just not sure atm which ones i want to do, I'm considering doing engineering at uni

lmk what u guys think, tysm!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending