kazzza
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
How did everyone find the SMC this year? (I think we're allowed to talk about it now cause it's a Friday, right?)

I answered 14 questions, and checked after to see if they were correct, so I think I have 81 points? I really hope that's a Gold this year, but a lot of my friends said it was easy this year, so not too hopeful about that
livlifestudying
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Kareem Shurafa)
How did everyone find the SMC this year? (I think we're allowed to talk about it now cause it's a Friday, right?)

I answered 14 questions, and checked after to see if they were correct, so I think I have 81 points? I really hope that's a Gold this year, but a lot of my friends said it was easy this year, so not too hopeful about that
May I ask how you were able to check your answers since the solutions are not yet on the ukmt website? Was it just you went through the questions yourself or is there a mark scheme we can view yet?
mqb2766
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by livlifestudying)
May I ask how you were able to check your answers since the solutions are not yet on the ukmt website? Was it just you went through the questions yourself or is there a mark scheme we can view yet?
The answers should be up shortly (later this morning, or Monday at a push ?).
Last edited by mqb2766; 2 months ago
kazzza
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
(Original post by livlifestudying)
I went through the questions afterwards with my friends in school, so I'm not 100% sure about all my answers being right, but I'm confident.
livlifestudying
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by mqb2766)
The answers should be up shortly (later this morning?).
Okay, thank you😊
vix.xvi
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

I answered 14, but I think one or two of them are wrong...so I think I only got 71

Don't think that's a good cuz this year's grade boundaries are gonna be Hella high cuz ppl are gonna cheat w online exams
laurawatt
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I really liked the SMC this year, found it easier than last years one (but that could just be bc I’m (hopefully) a better mathematician now!)

Can’t remember the content of Q20 but I remember that I liked it :awesome:
l.barrotte
Badges: 7
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
what was the answer ton q25, anyone else put C?
hufieeiwhfihf
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
who said?
SchrödingerzCat
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

i didn't find it too bad. i answered 16 questions, so max 89 points. guess we'll find out soon
Yuviyukt
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I answered 20 questions. What did you guys get for question 24? I really hope that the boundaries don't go up drastically because I want to get into BMO1 although I'm in year 10. I doubt I will tbh lol. Good luck to everyone anyways!
anonymous685
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by Yuviyukt)
I answered 20 questions. What did you guys get for question 24? I really hope that the boundaries don't go up drastically because I want to get into BMO1 although I'm in year 10. I doubt I will tbh lol. Good luck to everyone anyways!
Ah I'm in a did server and also in yr 10. I got 17 of the 18 questions I got correct and also wanted bmo1 so I got 92. Was stressing so much near the end so couldn't get the end questions done.
Yuviyukt
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by anonymous685)
Ah I'm in a did server and also in yr 10. I got 17 of the 18 questions I got correct and also wanted bmo1 so I got What92. Was stressing so much near the end so couldn't get the end questions done.
What's a "did server"? Also, how do you know how many questions you got correct?
anujann6297
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I got SQ= 3 for q24
anonymous685
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
What's a "did server"? Also, how do you know how many questions you got correct?
in a server with IMOers from the UK and other rlly smart ppl who created a discord server and I was invited to a smc channel in it. We discussed all our answers.
anonymous685
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by anujann6297)
I got SQ= 3 for q24
How many questions did u answer?
anujann6297
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
How many questions did u answer?
all of them, but I know I got q16 wrong.
Yuviyukt
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by anujann6297)
I got SQ= 3 for q24
Are you confident it was 3?
anonymous685
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Are you confident it was 3?
yeah, it was 3.
Last edited by anonymous685; 2 months ago
mqb2766
Badges: 19
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It's obviously a grey area at the moment, but if the ukmt are running it for a few more weeks, it probably not good form to post lists of answers.
https://mobile.twitter.com/ukmathstrust?lang=en
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (20)
14.18%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (35)
24.82%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (61)
43.26%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (21)
14.89%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (4)
2.84%

Watched Threads

Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise