The Student Room Group

I feel like I'm missing something

The lockdown's made me feel worse, but I know I've had these feelings most of my life. I just always feel like there should be something more, but I don't know what that is, or how to be content with what I have.

I have a few good friends, and when we chat it's great, but when it's over and I'm back on my own with more time to think, I'm always wondering, where do I go from here? I've got career goals and I've got a goal to own my own home, but I keep thinking what will I do once I reach those goals?

I have a few hobbies, but I feel so empty that I can't bring myself to do them.
A sad feeling is always feeling empty isn't it? Being content with what we have is hard, as humans as we try to be grateful simultaneously as we also strive to have ambitions. I understand what you're going through. Every time I felt kinda boundless, I would write down how I feel- vent out my anger and frustration to things I can't change and throw away that piece of paper.

Perhaps, you need to take time for yourself, join a few clubs so you don't feel so empty and make a plan for your life goals and what you actually want to do. Hope you feel better soon!

Quick Reply