Anonymous1783
Badges: 0
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 12 years ago
how do i format the personal statment? It looks strange when i upload to the form? I cant indent it? Do people usually leave a line?
SuzyQ
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you indent i think ucas removes it. You can space between paragraphs but youre wasting/using up those lines
littleshambles
Badges: 14
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
If you can I'd recommend spacing your paragraphs and trying to keep your statement compact. It's a lot easier to read than a text wall.
silk192
Badges: 11
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Anonymous1783)
how do i format the personal statment? It looks strange when i upload to the form? I cant indent it? Do people usually leave a line?

dont indent it....leave a space between each paragraph it makes it look professional and easier to read and it creates a good impression...
Myoclonic Jerk
Badges: 8
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by SuzyQ)
If you indent i think ucas removes it. You can space between paragraphs but youre wasting/using up those lines
Lies! Spacing out your PS makes it much more attractive, easier to read, and therefore more likely to make a good impression...
SuzyQ
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
(Original post by Myoclonic Jerk)
Lies! Spacing out your PS makes it much more attractive, easier to read, and therefore more likely to make a good impression...
Yea, I've spaced mine. I was just trying not to impose my opinion :p:
Ghelani
Report 12 years ago
um how long is everyones mine is only 36xx charcters and im finished
Dragonkiller
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
A lot of the people I know didn't use paragraphs.

But I'd recommend them, it's certainly worth using some of your lines for paragraphs - makes a good impression.
Dragonkiller
Badges: 1
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
Mine is about 38xx
musicbloke
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 12 years ago
I would recommend leaving space for a blank line between paragraphs, but if you can't then don't worry too much. If any of you need help with drafting your PSes then just post them up in the PS Help forums and someone will have a look for you.

MB
Tuya
Badges: 4
Rep:
?
Report 7 years ago
(Original post by Dragonkiller)
Mine is about 38xx
Same.

(Original post by Ghelani)
um how long is everyones mine is only 36xx charcters and im finished
I think ~37xx - 38xx is about average.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Should there be a new university admissions system that ditches predicted grades?

No, I think predicted grades should still be used to make offers (717)
33.9%
Yes, I like the idea of applying to uni after I received my grades (PQA) (904)
42.74%
Yes, I like the idea of receiving offers only after I receive my grades (PQO) (401)
18.96%
I think there is a better option than the ones suggested (let us know in the thread!) (93)
4.4%

Watched Threads