The Student Room Group

economics universities (AAC) prediction

Hi, I’m in a bit of a sticky situation. My ucas grades are AAC and I can’t really find any universities that would accept that for their economics courses. I checked and I don’t qualify for contextual offers. Anybody know any universities, that are fairly prestigious but also lenient with offers?
its worth using 1/2 of your options for aiming high, 1/2 for aiming realistically and 1/2 playing safe depending on your preference

some admissions departments will consider aac as abb and even then, courses do often provide offers to people below the requirements and give places to people below their offer come august - it's just not a guarantee
What is the C grade in, and what other subjects are you taking?
Original post by babatunde_
Hi, I’m in a bit of a sticky situation. My ucas grades are AAC and I can’t really find any universities that would accept that for their economics courses. I checked and I don’t qualify for contextual offers. Anybody know any universities, that are fairly prestigious but also lenient with offers?

Provided your A is in Mathematics look at universities in the AAB range. Most are likely to make you offers for AAC. Somewhere like Aberystwyth would be worth looking at as back up but to help you more you need to state the subjects you are taking and predicted grades. Also what part of the UK you are looking at and whether you want a big or small city and a campus or city university.

I havent checked universities entry requirements but have a look at places like Cardiff, Liverpool, Lancaster, Sheffield, East Anglia. Sussex, Royal Holloway and Swansea. They are likely to be at AAB and would usually make offers to people predicted AAC. Any offer you receive will be the standard offer but all tend to be quite flexible on results day. You could try 3 universities offering AAB or ABB and 1 or 2 a bit lower as insurance.

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending