The Student Room Group

As bio and chem

hey everyone
i am at year 12 and am struggling alot. i tried so many questions and so many papers and i still got grade E in chem and D in bio any tips please or websites
hey there!😊

could you please tell abt how study biology & chemistry?? ways u use for studying?? like are you spending all hours reading.

I am clever at both.😊 I can help you if answer my question abv.

Thanks
Reply 2
Original post by Mina Abdulkerim
hey there!😊

could you please tell abt how study biology & chemistry?? ways u use for studying?? like are you spending all hours reading.

I am clever at both.😊 I can help you if answer my question abv.

Thanks

I revise the content and memorise then start applying questions from physics and maths tutor
Hi I'm in year 13 doing both. Dont worry, the gap from GCSE is big, it happens to everyone. I would say use different textbooks, especially biology, Ive found that my textbook didnt have everything, to make sure you cover all the spec points use more than 1 (at least for OCR)
And just keep practising, it will come with time, especially if you're starting now and not in a few months thats really good. When you do, make sure you use the mark schemes well, youll find questions get repeated just in different forms but theyll usually be looking for the same things.
Good luck!
Reply 4
Original post by lavoj002
Hi I'm in year 13 doing both. Dont worry, the gap from GCSE is big, it happens to everyone. I would say use different textbooks, especially biology, Ive found that my textbook didnt have everything, to make sure you cover all the spec points use more than 1 (at least for OCR)
And just keep practising, it will come with time, especially if you're starting now and not in a few months thats really good. When you do, make sure you use the mark schemes well, youll find questions get repeated just in different forms but theyll usually be looking for the same things.
Good luck!

thank you do you know where i can get questions from to practice because most of the past papers i tried had year 2 content and we haven't covered that yet
Original post by Bayan19
thank you do you know where i can get questions from to practice because most of the past papers i tried had year 2 content and we haven't covered that yet

i use physics and maths tutor a lot and Ive bought the CGP workbooks which are great, i'd definitely recommend those
then it depends which exam board you use, but you should find textbooks online or to buy with question sections too

Quick Reply

Latest