eleanorsarah05
Badges: 10
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
So I got my GCSE predicted grades today, and I'm pretty happy with them, but I'm disappointed in my English grades. I got all 3 7s and the rest 8s, and my English teacher gave me 7s. I'm a but confused because he marked my work recently saying it was a grade 8?? I'm not sure what to do
sprucicles10101
Badges: 6
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Honestly do not stress, English grades are widely speculative - just listen to your teacher's feedback and correct any issues with SPAG and then focus just sophisticating your language and understand all the texts you study

7 is still a very good grade!!
Muttley79
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by eleanorsarah05)
So I got my GCSE predicted grades today, and I'm pretty happy with them, but I'm disappointed in my English grades. I got all 3 7s and the rest 8s, and my English teacher gave me 7s. I'm a but confused because he marked my work recently saying it was a grade 8?? I'm not sure what to do
It's just a prediction ... use the feedback to improve. One grade 8 piece doe not make your prediction grade 8.
fluous
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
A single grade 8 piece of work probably doesn't show your overall performance, and so your English teacher is likely to understand that you may not be at the level for a predicted grade 8. Its not very good to be too perfectionist, so I would recommend looking at the feedback and understand how you could improve to do better when you're in the real exams. Grades normally increase from mocks, but not without any work put in! Worrying too much about a single number really isn't good for you (I've learned from experience lol) and stay positive! A 7 is still a really good grade and have hope (my english lang and lit gcse grades were 2 grades higher than my mock grades, so don't feel too down about it).
eleanorsarah05
Rep:
?
(Original post by fluous)
A single grade 8 piece of work probably doesn't show your overall performance, and so your English teacher is likely to understand that you may not be at the level for a predicted grade 8. Its not very good to be too perfectionist, so I would recommend looking at the feedback and understand how you could improve to do better when you're in the real exams. Grades normally increase from mocks, but not without any work put in! Worrying too much about a single number really isn't good for you (I've learned from experience lol) and stay positive! A 7 is still a really good grade and have hope (my english lang and lit gcse grades were 2 grades higher than my mock grades, so don't feel too down about it).
Yeah, I made this thread straight after and I have had time to think about it- on Monday, my teacher is gonna tell us why he gave us these grades, so I can listen to what he says and improve
dylgeo
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
You shouldn’t stress about your grades, these are excellent and what top uni’s could be looking for 😁
isobeln
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by eleanorsarah05)
Yeah, I made this thread straight after and I have had time to think about it- on Monday, my teacher is gonna tell us why he gave us these grades, so I can listen to what he says and improve
what year are you in?
eleanorsarah05
Rep:
?
(Original post by isobeln)
what year are you in?
i'm in year 11
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Do you have the space and resources you need to succeed in home learning?

Yes I have everything I need (255)
57.17%
I don't have everything I need (191)
42.83%

Watched Threads