The Student Room Group

Covid isolation, do I continue to follow guidelines and go to work despite this?

Say one of my household members has tested positive for covid (my sister let’s say) and has to isolate for 10 days. Myself, my mum and dad, as household members, need to isolate for 14 days.

By day 14 if my mum and dad both test positive (and are starting a fresh 10 day isolation), am I still allowed to end my isolation and go back to work if I’ve no symptoms?

It would just seem a bit odd going to my job (I work in an elderly care home) knowing that 2 members of my household have covid.
Reply 1
Original post by Anonymous
Say one of my household members has tested positive for covid (my sister let’s say) and has to isolate for 10 days. Myself, my mum and dad, as household members, need to isolate for 14 days.

By day 14 if my mum and dad both test positive (and are starting a fresh 10 day isolation), am I still allowed to end my isolation and go back to work if I’ve no symptoms?

It would just seem a bit odd going to my job (I work in an elderly care home) knowing that 2 members of my household have covid.

Um I wouldn't have thought so, no?
Reply 2
Original post by IWMTom
Um I wouldn't have thought so, no?

The guidelines are unless I get symptoms as my 14 day isolation has ended I can go to work
Reply 3
The guidelines are unless I get symptoms as my 14 day isolation has ended I can go to work

Right.. but someone else in your household has now tested positive, so surely the clock resets and you're back to another 14 days..?
Reply 4
Original post by IWMTom
Right.. but someone else in your household has now tested positive, so surely the clock resets and you're back to another 14 days..?

Not according to the guidelines it’s 14 days from the first person in the household developing symptoms
Reply 5
Not according to the guidelines it’s 14 days from the first person in the household developing symptoms

Then the guidelines are frankly idiotic.

Why have you asked the question if you knew the answer?
Love a thread where someone asks a question, the only reply they get is someone assuming and guessing, and then the OP keeps correcting them. What is this, opposite day?
Reply 7
Original post by IWMTom
Then the guidelines are frankly idiotic.

Why have you asked the question if you knew the answer?

Maybe because the guidelines are idiotic😄

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending