The Student Room Group
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge

This discussion is no longer active so you won't be able to reply.Check out other Related discussions

College preference for postgrad

Hi, I am applying to a MPhil postgrad at Cambridge and I’m looking at colleges . I am not too bothered which one I stay in as long as it’s affordable and also has a double bed or 3/4 bed . Not too bothered about an en-suite although it would be nice . Does anyone know the most affordable college for this? Many thanks
Original post by sarahking99
Hi, I am applying to a MPhil postgrad at Cambridge and I’m looking at colleges . I am not too bothered which one I stay in as long as it’s affordable and also has a double bed or 3/4 bed . Not too bothered about an en-suite although it would be nice . Does anyone know the most affordable college for this? Many thanks

The prices all work out the same, depending on what you personally prefer to spend your money on. But here's no way to calculate that. Each College has its own way of presenting costs, but the Bursars, who set costs, know that students have very similar (small) budgets.

Your chances of a double of 3/4 bed are slim to nil. Most rooms have singles, and you can't guarantee what accommodation you will get in any College anyway.
Studying in halls, University of Cambridge
University of Cambridge
Cambridge
Post-Grad accommodation in Swirles court (Girton College) is good but on the slightly expensive side. All rooms are en-suite and all have 3/4 size beds
Reply 3
Thank you so much x
Do any colleges have rooms with private kitchens? Or am I dreaming?
Post-grad accommodation in Girton is in Swirles Court and all rooms have 3/4 size beds and also have en-suite bathrooms.

Latest