The Student Room Group

Help i realised a mistake on my ucas

Help im going to cry i got an offer for biomed queen marys but i realised i was mistaken for a international student. So i checked my application and i realised i was supposed to pick uk citizen instead of eu national and my teacher didnt even tell me at the time. Im so stressed and i dont know what to do is it too late to call the ucas centre do i just scrap my whole application shall I call all the unis ?!?! Im so sad because I know Im gonna lose my offer and what annoys me is that I even got a alternative offer :frown: is there really nothing I can do and I don't want to change my options or unis
(edited 3 years ago)
do you just have that one offer? Get in touch with ucas and make sure you change it immediately and also contact your uni - they might still keep your offer but it’s not guaranteed because they have a certain number of home and international students :frown:. Was the eu national a mistake? or are you actually an eu national? I ticked the eu national option because i don’t have a uk citizenship but i do qualify for home fees because i have settled status. Hope it gets sorted and you get to keep your offer :frown:
Just email all your Unis and explain - if they can see from your school history etc that you are a UK applicant, they can change it at their end. This sort of mistake is quite common so don't worry!
Reply 3
Original post by izzxm
do you just have that one offer? Get in touch with ucas and make sure you change it immediately and also contact your uni - they might still keep your offer but it’s not guaranteed because they have a certain number of home and international students :frown:. Was the eu national a mistake? or are you actually an eu national? I ticked the eu national option because i don’t have a uk citizenship but i do qualify for home fees because i have settled status. Hope it gets sorted and you get to keep your offer :frown:

yh that's my only offer the others haven't replied yet and im afraid of losing that offer I feel like I only got it since I they thought I was an international student. Im actually not quite sure because I have a dutch passport and I lived in the UK for more than 10 years and I searched up that if u lived in the UK for more than 10 years (so I do have a settles status) then u are automatically a uk citizen but im not sure if that's true :frown: im going to call ucas and all the other unis too im so sad
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by McGinger
Just email all your Unis and explain - if they can see from your school history etc that you are a UK applicant, they can change it at their end. This sort of mistake is quite common so don't worry!

Now that I think about it im not sure if im a UK citizen, I have a dutch passport and I lived in the UK for more than 10 years (moved when I was 1) so im sure I have a settled status (ill have to ask my parents so I can be 100% sure) so am I even eligible for the home fees? wow I feel so dumb :frown:
Original post by saharla03
yh that's my only offer the others haven't replied yet and im afraid of losing that offer I feel like I only got it since I they thought I was an international student. Im actually not quite sure because I have a dutch passport and I lived in the UK for more than 10 years and I searched up that if u lived in the UK for more than 10 years (so I do have a settles status) then u are automatically a uk citizen but im not sure if that's true :frown: im going to call ucas and all the other unis too im so sad

UCAS making a change doesn’t affect this. Universities determine your fee status not ucas.
Call your universities up and ask for a fee status assessment. They’ll send you a form to fill in with your residency history and citizenship information to make the judgment.
The UK government have been very slow to confirm fee status and funding regulations for EU citizens with pre settled and settled status and it’s possible that QMUL are just holding off making any promises until the full legislation is released. They can ask you to fill in a fee status assessment now though - they’ll then have the information they need to make a judgment when the full legislation is released.
I agree totally with the above advice - but often Unis will not do a fee assessment until you have an offer.

Dont panic - however long it takes to sort your fee status out, any offer will be safe.

Contact the Universities. Explain. Wait for their response/advice.
Reply 7
Original post by PQ
UCAS making a change doesn’t affect this. Universities determine your fee status not ucas.
Call your universities up and ask for a fee status assessment. They’ll send you a form to fill in with your residency history and citizenship information to make the judgment.
The UK government have been very slow to confirm fee status and funding regulations for EU citizens with pre settled and settled status and it’s possible that QMUL are just holding off making any promises until the full legislation is released. They can ask you to fill in a fee status assessment now though - they’ll then have the information they need to make a judgment when the full legislation is released.

Thank you so much this helped I think I have a better understanding now!
Reply 8
Original post by McGinger
I agree totally with the above advice - but often Unis will not do a fee assessment until you have an offer.

Dont panic - however long it takes to sort your fee status out, any offer will be safe.

Contact the Universities. Explain. Wait for their response/advice.

Thanks I feel less stressed now ill do that :smile:
Original post by saharla03

If you don’t have a UK passport then you’re an eu national and not a UK citizen (i’m pretty sure aha i hope that’s right because i’m in the same kinda situation as you too) - so don’t worry you didn’t fill the option out wrong! Like others have said, contact your universities and explain that you’re eligible for home fees and they’ll probably just ask for some proof and you’ll be alright :smile:
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 10
Original post by izzxm
If you don’t have a UK passport then you’re an eu national and not a UK citizen (i’m pretty sure aha i hope that’s right because i’m in the same kinda situation as you too) - so don’t worry you didn’t fill the option out wrong! Like others have said, contact your universities and explain that you’re eligible for home fees and they’ll probably just ask for some proof and you’ll be alright :smile:

Thanks I feel so silly lol maybe its because I was panicking im going to do that hopefully things work out!
Hey please dont worry! I made a similar mistake this week (selected the wrong qualification title). I just emailed all my unis and i still managed to get an offer in 2 days! So dont worry, everyone is making mistakes because there's so much going on at the moment!
Original post by Nono2003
Hey please dont worry! I made a similar mistake this week (selected the wrong qualification title). I just emailed all my unis and i still managed to get an offer in 2 days! So dont worry, everyone is making mistakes because there's so much going on at the moment!

If your qualifications are wrong then you need to update UCAS (there’s an online form on their website in the “after you apply” section).
Universities can’t update their records of qualifications - ucas information will just keep over writing it with the original information.
Once UCAS have updated your application THEN you notify your universities.
Original post by PQ
If your qualifications are wrong then you need to update UCAS (there’s an online form on their website in the “after you apply” section).
Universities can’t update their records of qualifications - ucas information will just keep over writing it with the original information.
Once UCAS have updated your application THEN you notify your universities.

Hey i know that but on ucas it says that form is only used for pending qualifications and they cant amend our past qualifications. UCAS themselves said that if its for a past qualification just email the unis cos they cant change it.
Original post by Nono2003
Hey i know that but on ucas it says that form is only used for pending qualifications and they cant amend our past qualifications. UCAS themselves said that if its for a past qualification just email the unis cos they cant change it.

That's not what they say - they can't change predicted grades and the form can't be used to supply results (those go automatically for ABL results or direct to universities for other results) or to update module information.
ucas
Do not use this form to give us predicted grades. We cannot add or amend predicted grades.
Do not use this form for grades you received after submitting your application to us.
We cannot add or update qualification units.

https://www.ucas.com/content/request-amend-qualifications-listed-your-application

The form can and should be used to update errors to past or pending qualifications. That's why they leave the option to upload documents so that applicants can submit their certificates to prove that a completed qualification name/type or grade was entered incorrectly.
Original post by PQ
That's not what they say - they can't change predicted grades and the form can't be used to supply results (those go automatically for ABL results or direct to universities for other results) or to update module information.

https://www.ucas.com/content/request-amend-qualifications-listed-your-application

The form can and should be used to update errors to past or pending qualifications. That's why they leave the option to upload documents so that applicants can submit their certificates to prove that a completed qualification name/type or grade was entered incorrectly.

Thank you so much. I will fill in that form asap!

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending