ToK PresentationWatch this thread
If your doing qual and quant data, you need to find a Real-Life Situation (RLS) from the internet, this can be a magazine article, photo, graph, newspaper article and etc (Think of them as non-literary texts in English for Paper 1). This RLS must relate back to the Main AoK you're exploring which in this case is Natural Sciences as well as the topic - qual and quant data.
Then, you need to analyse (deconstruct) your chosen text that is related to your topic qual and quant data within the main AoK of Natural Sciences. This can be done by using the 8 WoK (Ways of Knowing) - Sense Perception, Language, Imagination, Emotion, Reason, Intuition & Faith. Choose the most relevant WoK that relates back to you RLS & AoK.
Couple things for you to know:
- Difference between Knowledge Question (KQ) & Knowledge Claim - https://sites.google.com/site/tok201...edge-questions
- Cognitive Biases - everything that is presented on the internet has some type of flaw, right? This is where these biases can play a key role. Here are some I've found - https://www.masterclass.com/articles...cognitive-bias
- Try to have multiple viewpoints in your presentation
Here is an example of a finished product that scored well - https://docs.google.com/presentation...dit#slide=id.p
Also, this is a great textbook for TOK - https://libgen.lc/ads.php?md5=E4FA1D...57337F37C460AC. Just click on 'get' and it will download to your laptop. On page 9 on this textbook, it has some key vocab relating back to Natural sciences which can be helpful for you
Here is a structure of a presentation that you can use:
- 1st Slide - Title Page (e.g. RLS & Natural Sciences)
- 2nd Slide - Define what is your RLS. What is it used for?
- 3rd Slide - Make a KQ. Relate the KQ back to the type of RLS (magazine article, photo, graph, newspaper article and etc)
- 4th Slide - Present your RLS
- 5th Slide - Deconstruct your RLS. Use the WoK's to analyse your RLS in relation to your AoK
- 6th Slide - Present your Knowledge Claim. Use cognitive biases here.
- 7th Slide - Present another RLS
- 8th Slide - Have a counterclaim to what you presented in slides 4 & 5
- 9th Slide - Link everything back to your KQ
Hope this helps