Y11 English lit Macbeth help (MOCKS)

My mock for Macbeth is on Monday and im struggling to analyse:“

There’s no art to find the mind’s construction in the face Duncan 1.4

“o worthiest cousin. The sin of my ingratitude even now Was heavy on me”

“Fair and noble hostess” 1.6

“My bosom franchised and allegiance clear” 2.1

A good and virtuous nature may recoil In an imperial charge Malcolm 4.3

Pour the sweet milk of concord into hell, Uproar the universal peace 4.3“

There's daggers in men's smiles: the nearer in blood, the nearer bloody” (donaldbain) 2.3
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 1
Also, i have a word document filled with analysis of all the key quotes so if you give me good analysis I send it to you
Reply 2
"Theres daggers in mens smiles" implies deceit and evilness. Daggers symbolise violence and bloodshed, men may look friendly and trustworthy but they will not hesitate to inflict pain

Donaldbain is proved correct when Lady Macbeth tells her husband to "Look like th' innocent flower but be the serpent under't" , maybe these two quotes could be linked together because they both show that reality is not always the truth as people use the facade of innocence to hide their true, sinful nature?

"Daggers" could also be linked to when Macbeth hallucinates the dagger in front of him, the dagger is perhaps a motif.

But essentially, Don foreshadows the course of the play by stating that men are manipulative and untrustworthy because that is exactly what Macbeth is. It is so ironic.
Reply 3
Original post by jaya101
"Theres daggers in mens smiles" implies deceit and evilness. Daggers symbolise violence and bloodshed, men may look friendly and trustworthy but they will not hesitate to inflict pain

Donaldbain is proved correct when Lady Macbeth tells her husband to "Look like th' innocent flower but be the serpent under't" , maybe these two quotes could be linked together because they both show that reality is not always the truth as people use the facade of innocence to hide their true, sinful nature?

"Daggers" could also be linked to when Macbeth hallucinates the dagger in front of him, the dagger is perhaps a motif.

But essentially, Don foreshadows the course of the play by stating that men are manipulative and untrustworthy because that is exactly what Macbeth is. It is so ironic.

Thank you so much
Original post by val7322
Also, i have a word document filled with analysis of all the key quotes so if you give me good analysis I send it to you

girl i could use that

Quick Reply

Latest

Trending

Trending