evielynrose
Badges: 7
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I have to apply polyamorous relationships to situation ethics. I'm not sure how to apply the 6 fundamental principles to it. Any help?
Joe312
Badges: 17
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by evielynrose)
I have to apply polyamorous relationships to situation ethics. I'm not sure how to apply the 6 fundamental principles to it. Any help?
You don't have to apply the 6 fundamental principles to it. However if you want to, consider these ones:

Only love is intrinsically good. Everything else has conditional value depending on whether it helps or hurts people, but love is always unconditionally and therefore intrinsically good.

The ruling norm of Christian decision is love; nothing else.

Love wills the neighbour’s good whether we like him or not.

Only the end justifies the means; nothing else.

These suggest that polyamory should be accepted in those situations when it has a loving consequence. If we love our polyamorous neighbour, we should will that loving outcome regardless of whether we like them, because that outcome justifies the means since only love is intrinsically good and is thereby the ruling norm of Christian ethical decision making.However in situations where polyamory does not have a loving outcome, it should not be willed. So it depends on whether the people involved are really happy, for example, or whether they suffer from jealousy/resentment.
tinygirl96
Badges: 21
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
Hello

It is up to you. Consider these following principles-

Intrinsically good love
Love wins in the end
Ruling norm of Christian love
The end result justifies the mean
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

How would you describe the quality of the digital skills you're taught at school?

Excellent (37)
9.92%
Okay (109)
29.22%
A bit lacking (138)
37%
Not good at all (89)
23.86%

Watched Threads