East vs north village- Bristol uni

Watch this thread
Indy_elliott
Badges: 12
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report Thread starter 1 year ago
I personally prefer east village but everyone is telling me how great stolkbishop is. The particular accomodation it would be between riverside/unite house/chantry and hiatt baker/badock hall. Any advice?
Anonymous #1
Report 1 year ago
I don’t go to Bristol but I know people who do and this is what they’ve told me about the north village/east village atmosphere.

East Village: the accommodations in the city centre are good cos they’re close to the uni and there’s a nice nightlife. A lot of international students stay there and they can be more shy/less sociable and keep to themselves. But I guess that shouldn’t matter if you’re quite confident and find it easy to start up conversations with people. Most accommodations are self-catered, that could be good or bad, depends on you.

North Village: The accommodations are nice and are catered. You tend to make a lot more friends and gain a bigger social circle in catered accommodations but they are just very expensive. It’s further away from the city centre and the uni so you have to get buses - some people don’t like that. This also means that they keep to themselves. A lot of ex private school students/tory’s stay in north residential village - this can be a pro or con, it depends on you.
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Indy_elliott)
I personally prefer east village but everyone is telling me how great stolkbishop is. The particular accomodation it would be between riverside/unite house/chantry and hiatt baker/badock hall. Any advice?
From personal experience Stoke Bishop is great. Hiatt and Badock are both really social and have been to both many times. The bus journey really isn't a big deal and not all are catered - Hiatt,Badock and UH all have self-catered options.
H3ll0.K1tty
Badges: 6
Rep:
? You'll earn badges for being active around the site. Rep gems come when your posts are rated by other community members.
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by Anonymous)
I don’t go to Bristol but I know people who do and this is what they’ve told me about the north village/east village atmosphere.

East Village: the accommodations in the city centre are good cos they’re close to the uni and there’s a nice nightlife. A lot of international students stay there and they can be more shy/less sociable and keep to themselves. But I guess that shouldn’t matter if you’re quite confident and find it easy to start up conversations with people. Most accommodations are self-catered, that could be good or bad, depends on you.

North Village: The accommodations are nice and are catered. You tend to make a lot more friends and gain a bigger social circle in catered accommodations but they are just very expensive. It’s further away from the city centre and the uni so you have to get buses - some people don’t like that. This also means that they keep to themselves. A lot of ex private school students/tory’s stay in north residential village - this can be a pro or con, it depends on you.
Hi, I’ve heard Wills is full of the posh type. Is that true of badock and hiatt as well?
Anonymous #2
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by H3ll0.K1tty)
Hi, I’ve heard Wills is full of the posh type. Is that true of badock and hiatt as well?
I'd say less so as they're cheaper than Wills and aren't catered. You're gonna have some 'posh' people anywhere especially where the accommodations are a tad more expensive but met so many nice people from hiatt and especially badock who are so lovely.
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
I'm in riverside currently and it's great! It's definitely not as social as stoke bishop and I do often find myself commuting to there on the bus but I don't mind too much. Riverside is right on the harbour and is a really good location and a short walk from the train station and the uni itself. It wasn't my first choice but a tip for if you do apply and want to be in stoke bishop is to not put riverside or unite down as not a lot of people apply for it and so you will be guaranteed it rather than stoke bishop. If you put the one you want the most first and then fill the rest of your choices with other very popular halls you are likely to get your first choice.
H3ll0.K1tty
Badges: 6
Rep:
Report 1 year ago
I'm in riverside currently and it's great! It's definitely not as social as stoke bishop and I do often find myself commuting to there on the bus but I don't mind too much. Riverside is right on the harbour and is a really good location and a short walk from the train station and the uni itself. It wasn't my first choice but a tip for if you do apply and want to be in stoke bishop is to not put riverside or unite down as not a lot of people apply for it and so you will be guaranteed it rather than stoke bishop. If you put the one you want the most first and then fill the rest of your choices with other very popular halls you are likely to get your first choice.
That’s good advice, what’s a common halls in Clifton cause I was of Hiatt baker and badock but I need a 3rd option?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
(Original post by H3ll0.K1tty)
That’s good advice, what’s a common halls in Clifton cause I was of Hiatt baker and badock but I need a 3rd option?
i'd say either goldney or manor. Idk how it will be this year but last year when i applied for accom i had to put 9 choices down so if you really want hiatt or badock put those down first and then put the next popular ones like orchard, durdham etc because like i previously mentioned because more people apply for hiatt than spaces available, if you have any on your list like unite house even if its 9th they'll most likely give it to you to free up space for hiatt. It does help majorly though if you have a health requirement you are much more likely to get your first choice.
Anonymous #4
Report 1 year ago
i'd say either goldney or manor. Idk how it will be this year but last year when i applied for accom i had to put 9 choices down so if you really want hiatt or badock put those down first and then put the next popular ones like orchard, durdham etc because like i previously mentioned because more people apply for hiatt than spaces available, if you have any on your list like unite house even if its 9th they'll most likely give it to you to free up space for hiatt. It does help majorly though if you have a health requirement you are much more likely to get your first choice.
wait you have to put down 9 choices?
Anonymous #3
Report 1 year ago
wait you have to put down 9 choices?
Yep 9 choices, most people put the same ones just standard rooms and then en suite of the same halls
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest

Were exams easier or harder than you expected?

Easier (50)
26.18%
As I expected (63)
32.98%
Harder (70)
36.65%
Something else (tell us in the thread) (8)
4.19%

Watched Threads