sonal7
Badges: 15
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 10 months ago
I am doing CP1 and CP2, i pulled out of the autumn exams as burnt out. It happens, I am unsure which modules to do,I think DM1 and S1 or DM1 of M1, M1 looks easy. Please advise, as I was doing FP1 and FP2 and not keen on these, as am studying CS so makes sense to DM.
TM3141
Badges: 9
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
(Original post by sonal7)
I am doing CP1 and CP2, i pulled out of the autumn exams as burnt out. It happens, I am unsure which modules to do,I think DM1 and S1 or DM1 of M1, M1 looks easy. Please advise, as I was doing FP1 and FP2 and not keen on these, as am studying CS so makes sense to DM.
Hi I'm currently studying further maths with my options being FM1 and FP1. FM1 is definitely the easiest option, especially if you have a good understanding of GCSE physics. I would recommend doing that if you can choose, because it's very easy to grasp and doesn't require as much work as the pure sides of things. FM2 is different as it brings in more pure concepts so I wouldn't recommend that unless you really enjoy mechanics. FP1 is somewhat tricky in some areas, and in others it's annoying. It depends on how you view maths; if you think maths is beautiful in terms of patterns then I would recommend some form of pure maths. But from what you've said, decision 1 seems like a good choice, and possibly further stats could be of some use. Depending on what you want to do in the future, choose an option that would help. Then I'd suggest choosing an option that would gain you some easy marks so you can get the best overall grade possible. I didn't get to choose my options, but if I did, I would've chosen these options purely because a) FM1 is easy and will help e get and could grade, and b) FP1 would help nicely for my uni courses. I'd recommend doing something like that if you could.
_gcx
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 10 months ago
Two most relevant to CS would probably be D1 and FS1. FS1 is fairly straightforward and is mainly calculator bashing. The stuff with the theory of hypothesis testing is a bit abstract, but other than that it's mainly doing hypothesis tests with a little bit of calculus sprinkled in. D1 is mainly following algorithms with some theory about them, and some basic graph theory. (these will all appear in a CS degree, but the former will probably be presented from a more programatic approach at uni) If you are prone to making small numerical errors I would not recommend it though, a single arithmetic mistake can get fairly costly. Maybe FS1/FM1 in that case - the most common combo for FM.
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

What support do you need with your UCAS application?

I need help researching unis (29)
13.49%
I need help researching courses (14)
6.51%
I need help with filling out the application form (9)
4.19%
I need help with my personal statement (90)
41.86%
I need help with understanding how to make my application stand out (52)
24.19%
I need help with something else (let us know in the thread!) (4)
1.86%
I'm feeling confident about my application and don't need any help at the moment (17)
7.91%

Watched Threads