The Student Room Group

Scroll to see replies

Reply 40
BJack
There's already plenty of people applying to Merton; don't encourage others! :^_^:

Do you know anyone other than the two of us?
Reply 41
Swayum
Do you know anyone other than the two of us?

No, but I think that's plenty. >_>

There were certainly more people on the open day in June than there are places.
Reply 42
BJack
There were certainly more people on the open day in June than there are places.

Not the case at Magdalen... I was expecting vast numbers of people there, but in the end only four of us went to the talk with the maths tutor. Out of those four, one wasn't sure if she wanted to do maths or not, and another was applying for Maths + Philosophy, so there were only two of us there who were mathmos. However that was only one day out of two and there were probably a lot of mathmos who were at a different college at the time.
Reply 43
The pre-pool system (before interviews) will make it so that there are roughly 30 candidates per college during the interviews anyway :p:.
Reply 44
Oxford (open)
Warwick
Imperial
UCL
Can't pick the last one, they are all the same to me.. Probably either York or Bath.

All of them G100 by the way.
Reply 45
Decided now!

Oxford (Queens)
Warwick
Bath
Nottingham
Exeter

All 4 years except Exeter which is 3 years
Reply 46
- Cambridge (Gonville and Caius)
- Warwick
- Durham (St Chad's)
- Bristol
- York

(all MMath apart from Cambridge) :smile:
Reply 47
Has anybody had confirmation of application letters from anywhere? The Bristol website said they'd send an email within 24 hours, but I haven't heard anything from anybody. :erm:
Reply 48
BJack
Has anybody had confirmation of application letters from anywhere? The Bristol website said they'd send an email within 24 hours, but I haven't heard anything from anybody. :erm:

Nope, haven't heard anything from anyone. I'm not applying to Bristol though. I don't even have my welcome letter from UCAS yet, even though I can log into Track. I'm expecting it in the next couple of days as my application was processed on Friday.
Reply 49
I got an e-mail from UCL saying they acknowledge my application and other people seem to have too. Nothing elsewhere though (I don't think many universities bother). You should get a letter from Oxford a few days before the test.
Reply 50
BJack

:no:
BJack

I heard that and I started to get worried after about 4 days that I hadn't heard anything. But then I realised that my school is being really gay and hasn't actually done the reference things yet. :mad:
Where are the girls on this thread? Apart from Lady Justice who posted before this.
What is York like for maths?
Reply 54
rougeàlèvres
Where are the girls on this thread?

All MMath with year abroad except Warwick and Cambridge:

Bath
Bristol
Cambridge (Gonville & Caius)
Imperial College
Warwick

Snap on the Bath with year abroad! And Warwick, but I think pretty much everyone in this thread has Warwick down somewhere.
Reply 55
joshm
What is York like for maths?

You could do a lot worse! Not right at the top, but very respectable I'd say.
Reply 56
Hedgeman49
Snap on the Bath with year abroad! And Warwick, but I think pretty much everyone in this thread has Warwick down somewhere.

Yeah that's quite scary, almost everyone on here is applying to Warwick!
rougeàlèvres
Where are the girls on this thread?

I'm not sure if girls are even allowed to maths....:p:

And news just in: I have too much time on my hands, so I did a tally (I just can't help being a mathematician! :biggrin:), and Warwick have by far the most candidates on this thread. BUT if you add together the total for Oxford and Cambridge, you get the same amount as their are for Warwick. I suppose it's all down to the fact that you can't apply to both.

Analysis over - I'll just get back to making more tallies.
Hedgeman49
You could do a lot worse! Not right at the top, but very respectable I'd say.
I know it's impossible to say exactly but would you say within the top 10-20 range?
joshm
I know it's impossible to say exactly but would you say within the top 10-20 range?

In my opinion - definitely top 20 (and top 15), possibly top 10.

Latest