The Student Room Group
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London

LSE Management 2020/21 applicants

This is a thread for those applying to LSE Management, entry 2021/22 year. Provide this info (if you want):
1. Date applied
2. Have you received a decision, if so, send the date.
3. What other unis are you applying for? Any offers?
4. Predicted grades

Feel free to express your concerns and questions about the course here. Some current students may answer them.

Scroll to see replies

Reply 1
1. Date applied: 19/10/20
2. Have you received a decision, if so, send the date. No.
3. What other unis are you applying for? Any offers? UCL, Durham, Warwick, Southampton (offer)
4. Predicted grades AAA
I also feel my personal statement is quite strong.

Feel free to express your concerns and questions about the course here. Some current students may answer them.
Carr Saunders Halls, LSE
London School of Economics
London
Reply 2
Bump
Reply 3
Thanks for starting this thread! I'm strongly considering to apply for the BSC management program 2021/22 in the coming weeks. I'm curious, do applicants have a better chance of acceptance the sooner they apply? LSE officially says all are considered equally as long as the application is submitted before the 15th January. Does considered equally = same chances? Also, they say you should be hearing back from them in 8 weeks (please correct me if I'm wrong), in which case earlier applicants would have a better chance as they would get an offer before others have even applied.

As you have already written your personal statement, do you have some tips? I am willing to tailor my PS very much after the program as it might be the only one I apply for in the UK this year (my backups are in the EU). What are characteristics and strengths they are looking for?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
David
(edited 3 years ago)
Reply 4
Original post by Kuroom
Thanks for starting this thread! I'm strongly considering to apply for the BSC management program 2021/22 in the coming weeks. I'm curious, do applicants have a better chance of acceptance the sooner they apply? LSE officially says all are considered equally as long as the application is submitted before the 15th January. Does considered equally = same chances? Also, they say you should be hearing back from them in 8 weeks (please correct me if I'm wrong), in which case earlier applicants would have a better chance as they would get an offer before others have even applied.

As you have already written your personal statement, do you have some tips? I am willing to tailor my PS very much after the program as it might be the only one I apply for in the UK this year (my backups are in the EU). What are characteristics and strengths they are looking for?

Your help would be much appreciated.

Regards,
David

No problem! Hopefully more people join the thread, I’ll try to help.

LSE on,y start to give out offers once they have a very large proportion of expected applicants that have already applied, because that way they have enough applications to compare yours against and see if yours is stronger or weaker than the general applicant. It really does not matter when you apply but the main reason why you’d want to apply earlier is because you could receive anger earlier than if you applied in January.

I’d suggest you you look at UCL Management Science because that course is ahead of LSE Management for most people.

Earlier applicants have a better chance of receiving an offer early but they don’t have a higher chance of receiving an offer.

In regards of what to write for the personal statement, if you go onto the application section in the LSE BSc Management page you’ll find what they will look for in your application. If you need more help you can also DM
1. I'm applying sometime this week
2. /
3. LSE, UCL, King's, Durham and Sussex
4. A*A*A* (Maths, Economics, Spanish) + an A in native language (Italian)

Will doing a language make my application less competitive?
1. 1st October
2. No decision yet.
3. Oxford, St. Gallen (Switzerland)
4. IB 44/45, HL 777 (Maths AA, Geography, English B)
1. November 2nd
2. No decision yet
3. UCL (BASC), Durham, Kings, Edinburgh
4. HL 776 (Math AI Econ English A Literature) overall 43/45
Reply 8
Original post by penelopebianchi
2. /

No I think a language would be perfectly fine, especially with the grades you have! I called them up about a non-preferred subject and said it’s perfectly fine. If you’ve managed to integrate it into your personal statement and how it makes you a better candidate then you will actually have an advantage!
Reply 9
Original post by owcaaaa1234
1. 1st October
2. No decision yet.
3. Oxford, St. Gallen (Switzerland)
4. IB 44/45, HL 777 (Maths AA, Geography, English B)

So you’re just applying to two universities in the UK? Have you thought about UCL?
Original post by hairbear190
1. November 2nd
2. No decision yet
3. UCL (BASC), Durham, Kings, Edinburgh
4. HL 776 (Math AI Econ English A Literature) overall 43/45

How did you manage to fit in the Arts and Science with Management?
Original post by Anonymous
So you’re just applying to two universities in the UK? Have you thought about UCL?

Yeah! Just two in the UK, since I'm from EU (Poland) and recent threefold fees increase made it less appealing for me unless I stand a chance to get in to the top notch ones :smile:
How did you manage to fit in the Arts and Science with Management?

Arts and sciences tells you to hand in another questionnaire if you meet the entry requirements which will be assessed instead of your personal statement. Btw are any of you planning on embarking on a career path that isn’t completely business management e.g finance, banking
No I think a language would be perfectly fine, especially with the grades you have! I called them up about a non-preferred subject and said it’s perfectly fine. If you’ve managed to integrate it into your personal statement and how it makes you a better candidate then you will actually have an advantage!

Thank you for the reply! I've been stressing about it as I've had multiple people tell me it's not academic enough - what is your non-preferred subject?
1. 10th October
2. Nope
3. E&M at Oxford, St Andrews, KCL; Management at Warwick
4. A*A*A*A*A
1. 10th October
2. Nope
3. E&M at Oxford, St Andrews, KCL; Management at Warwick
4. A*A*A*A*A

EDIT: ignore me, sorry! i post for my friend (who has the above stats, as he doesn't have his own acc but regularly asks me to post for him so that he can see what others are up to) but I got it wrong, he's applied to LSE for Econ, not Management!!
1. Date applied: 14 October
2. Have you received a decision, if so, send the date.: No
3. What other unis are you applying for? UCL and King's College Any offers? No
4. Predicted grades A*AAA
2. /

Hi, my sister had an offer in LSE Management with A Levels: Economics, Maths, French and Spanish. Therefore, I don't think that doing language will make your application less competitive! I have also applied with same A Levels as her. Good Luck!!
Original post by carlaruano
Hi, my sister had an offer in LSE Management with A Levels: Economics, Maths, French and Spanish. Therefore, I don't think that doing language will make your application less competitive! I have also applied with same A Levels as her. Good Luck!!

That's a relief! What were her predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?
That's a relief! What were her predicted grades if you don't mind me asking?

She had A*A*A*A

Quick Reply

Latest