Can I apply to two AAB unis with ABB predicted?

Watch
acheloisina
Badges: 12
Rep:
?
Report Thread starter 2 months ago
I want to apply to do a Politics and Sociology course with grades wanted of AAB, but my predicted grades are ABB.

Would it be realistic for me to apply to
Warwick AAB
Bristol AAB
Manchester ABB
Sheffield ABB
Keele BBC
PQ
Badges: 21
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by acheloisina)
I want to apply to do a Politics and Sociology course with grades wanted of AAB, but my predicted grades are ABB.

Warwick AAB
Bristol AAB
Manchester ABB
Sheffield ABB
Keele BBC
Yes that’s fine.
Admit-One
Badges: 20
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago

Warwick AAB
Bristol AAB
Manchester ABB
Sheffield ABB
Keele BBC
Seems like a sensible spread to me.
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
If anything you could swap Keele out for another ABB/AAB choice if you wanted. If you’re predicted ABB and feel quite confident that you’ll get those grades then there’s no need for a backup 2 grades lower (especially because there’s loads of choices for pol/soc at the BBB/BBC range in clearing and most universities don’t guarantee accommodation for insurance students so there’s no benefit to getting entry through insurance v clearing). Plus a huge number of universities will accept applicants with 2 grades (or more) below their offer on results day.
acheloisina
Rep:
?
(Original post by PQ)
If anything you could swap Keele out for another ABB/AAB choice if you wanted. If you’re predicted ABB and feel quite confident that you’ll get those grades then there’s no need for a backup 2 grades lower (especially because there’s loads of choices for pol/soc at the BBB/BBC range in clearing and most universities don’t guarantee accommodation for insurance students so there’s no benefit to getting entry through insurance v clearing). Plus a huge number of universities will accept applicants with 2 grades (or more) below their offer on results day.
Do you think it would be reasonable to apply to three AAB unis then with predicted ABB?
If so would you suggest applying to Exeter, Birmingham or Leeds?
Tashax2
Badges: 16
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Do you think it would be reasonable to apply to three AAB unis then with predicted ABB?
I would say 2, and I would choose Birmingham or Leeds as I don’t like the south 🤣, I’m applying to Leeds instead of brum because I don’t meet the gcse requirements but they’re both really good
PQ
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
For pol/soc I would rate Sussex above any of those (personally) even though their standard offer is lower.
acheloisina
Rep:
?
(Original post by Tashax2)
I would say 2, and I would choose Birmingham or Leeds as I don’t like the south 🤣, I’m applying to Leeds instead of brum because I don’t meet the gcse requirements but they’re both really good
That is legit my mindset, the south just give me a bad vibe! The north seems more friendly and the people would seem more my type haha
I think I would go for Leeds actually out of all those )
Thankyou 💗
Tashax2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
That is legit my mindset, the south just give me a bad vibe! The north seems more friendly and the people would seem more my type haha
Thankyou 💗
If you don’t meet the grades for Leeds there’s this thing called access to Leeds look it up and u can have a lower grade offer 😊 maybe we will see each other next year !
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Thankyou 💗
Beware the Southerners at Leeds - there are quite a few of them apparently
acheloisina
Rep:
?
(Original post by harrysbar)
Beware the Southerners at Leeds - there are quite a few of them apparently
It’s probably horrible of me to go based of stereotypes but from unis such as Durham and Exeter, I’ve heard loads of bad stories about the southerners
I’m probably just buying into stereotypes, perhaps I should be more open minded aha
Thankyou for your advice
Tashax2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
It’s probably horrible of me to go based of stereotypes but from unis such as Durham and Exeter, I’ve heard loads of bad stories about the southerners
I’m probably just buying into stereotypes, perhaps I should be more open minded aha
Thankyou for your advice
What have you heard about southerners?
harrysbar
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
What have you heard about southerners?
yes I would love to hear some stereotypes and then we can move onto steretypes about northerners and then we can discuss what other sorts of people we are suspicious about
Tashax2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
(Original post by harrysbar)
yes I would love to hear some stereotypes and then we can move onto steretypes about northerners and then we can discuss what other sorts of people we are suspicious about
Exactly like it sounds so bad but I need to know 🤣 if anyone knows anything about York please let me know 🤣
acheloisina
Rep:
?
Exactly like it sounds so bad but I need to know 🤣 if anyone knows anything about York please let me know 🤣
I can tell you some stereotypes, it’s just more or less about what college you’re looking into 👀👀👀
Tashax2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I can tell you some stereotypes, it’s just more or less about what college you’re looking into 👀👀👀
Tell me ! I’ve applied but I’m not too keen on it 🤣 so please tell me
acheloisina
Rep:
?
Tell me ! I’ve applied but I’m not too keen on it 🤣 so please tell me
It’s a very prestigious university but known for being notoriously boring
It depends really if you put course above social life!
But for me, social life is more important- sounds kind of bad of me! 😅😅😅
What unis have you applied to if you don’t mind me asking? x
Tashax2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
Is it really boring 😩😩 I’m so worried that it is some people say it’s fine others say it’s not ! I need a good balance. I’ve applied to Leeds for business management ( apparently their nightlife is really good so if I get an offer I’ll go there fingers crossed I do ) Aston for marketing, York for business management, Nottingham Trent and Manchester met for Business management and marketing . Where have you applied to and what for ?
Tashax2
Rep:
?
Report 2 months ago
I’ve stuff about Constantine college - like preppy rich and fiat 500 girls - if i get an offer I WILL NOT be choosing that college 🤣🤣
acheloisina
Rep:
?
Is it really boring 😩😩 I’m so worried that it is some people say it’s fine others say it’s not ! I need a good balance. I’ve applied to Leeds for business management ( apparently their nightlife is really good so if I get an offer I’ll go there fingers crossed I do ) Aston for marketing, York for business management, Nottingham Trent and Manchester met for Business management and marketing . Where have you applied to and what for ?
Leeds night life is said to me amazing and Trents, part of the reason Leeds swayed my way too haha! You have some amazing choices, all of which sound incredible. However, it does seem like you have your heart set on Leeds, are you going to firm that as your first choice? 👀👀👀
I’m applying to do Politics and Sociology at either Manchester, Leeds, Warwick,Bristol and Sheffield haha
Leeds and Manchester are looking like the first choices though
X

Quick Reply

Attached files
Write a reply...
Back
to top
Latest
My Feed

See more of what you like on
The Student Room

You can personalise what you see on TSR. Tell us a little about yourself to get started.

Personalise

Have you experienced financial difficulties as a student due to Covid-19?

Yes, I have really struggled financially (84)
18.5%
I have experienced some financial difficulties (128)
28.19%
I haven't experienced any financial difficulties and things have stayed the same (167)
36.78%
I have had better financial opportunities as a result of the pandemic (61)
13.44%
I've had another experience (let us know in the thread!) (14)
3.08%

Watched Threads